Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Drove the 32 5-window Chevy today!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Chev, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Deuce Chev

Deuce Chev
    from Pacific NW

On the road for the first time in 40 plus years..... it's 100% stock for now..... exhaust pipe is completely gone.... more pictures soon....

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Sounds awesome.

3. 41hemi

41hemi

Can you share with us the story (history) on the car? Thanks, Al

4. Deuce Chev

Deuce Chev
    from Pacific NW

My dad bought this car about 5 years ago, the guy he bought it from had it for 30 years or more and he was planning on "restoring it to original" well he never did.... my pops was going to put a sbc in it but has waaay to many projects so he off'd it to me... the guy my dad got it from gave him boxes and boxes of parts for it, including restored 1932 plates and this cool old "Next Lubrication" thingy....

Attached Files:

5. That things AWESOME!

6. Deuce Chev

Deuce Chev
    from Pacific NW

One more short video....

7. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

Man, that coupe is in great shape. I wish my chevy project had started like that. Keep us posted on the progress.

Saint

8. Deuce Chev

Deuce Chev
    from Pacific NW

Progress will be slow... I'll be doing a bunch of parts collecting and figuring out before I tear into it...

Thanks!

9. why change perfection? that thing rules....add juice brakes later model stovebolt and your set! I think i'm in love....

10. Deuce Chev

Deuce Chev
    from Pacific NW

Kinda been thinking about that lately... I have a 235 six (needs a bunch of work).... need to figure out what to do about those damned mechanical brakes, I'd like to change as little of it as possible if I go with a later stovebolt but I think I'll have to loose that tube-fed rear end.... unless I can figure out some sort of adapter....

11. Paul

Paul
    Editor

cool Jim!
    congratulations!

you taking it to Engels tomorrow?
    I'd like to see it

we are going to try to make it
    but I dodn't know if the T will be back on the road by then..

12. I'll second that idea too! Chevy projects don't usually start from a gem like that one.:eek:Please keep us updated as you progress.

13. If i remember correct, it's 57 or 58 chevy truck spindles will bolt on with juice. and if your taking the time to swap motors, use a 54 and later stovebolt, full pressure and bearings! at that point, swap rears to an open driveline. Dump an S-10 T-5, only thing you'd really loose as far as original would be the 6 lug wheels, but i'd be that would look nice with a set of steel wheels.....

You can find cheap running 235's fairly easily and the s-10 parts are junk yards.....cheap and easy. then you can drive the wheels off it while collecting parts for what you want to build.

Best of both worlds.....

14. ilikeflatblack

ilikeflatblack
    from HASLET, TX

cool finally more chevys. here is mine. i'm running a 425 nailhead . this is a mock up . it will have 4 2bl rochesters and a switch pitch trans[​IMG]

15. Deuce Chev

Deuce Chev
    from Pacific NW

After the test runs I drove it from my dads place to my house, about 5 miles... only trouble I had was the coil wire backed out on a stretch of road with no shoulder... that was fun, it was still in the cap but had pulled back about 1/2".... once I located that it fired right up and I finished the journey under its own power.

I think I am going to go simple, the brakes are a big issue for me, I like to stop... back when I was 18 and tearing up the streets in my 66 SS brakes weren't as high on the priority list as they are today, 24 years later.

For the time being I'm just gonna fix the exhaust, rebuild the carb and drive her like she is... probably just do some "gentle" mods for now to improve reliability and safety. Maybe I'll look for another early six like the one that's in it and scratch build a multi carb manifold and split exhaust.... hmmm sounds fun.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  16. Wowcars

Wowcars

This thing rules, but where do you plug in the USB? :D
    [​IMG]

On my Dads '32 sedan we used '53-54 Chevy Car Spindles and swapped them side to side to get juice brakes. I dont know what you want to do with the rear.

17. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Great car!! One day I will get a coupe to sit next to my truck. Of course, it will be a Chevy.

18. slammed

slammed

Dang! Kin I have one?

19. really cool - thanks for the ride man!!

20. very nice car, love those lines. i have seen a few 32 chevys aruond including a very nice chopped 5 window around toronto. was it 31 that chevy made the visor 1 piece with the bodie ??. cool coupe, dermott.:D

21. Dirty2

Dirty2

Too cool . I like it .