Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dropped Spindles for a 57-58 Ranchero??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HIGG, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Do they make dropped spindles for a 57-58 ranchero or fairlane or???
    Any advice to lower my rig before I torch the springs?????
    Thanx HIGG
    www.ekustom.net

2. How about go for a 2 for 1 special...go get you some front discs off a 74-ish Torino or Ranchero. They bolt right on...and I think you get a 2 inch drop too...

Your seat is still in Bend Ore. maybe a HAMBer is passing through for one of the events here this month...

Lets see some pics of the beast!!

3. shoebox72

shoebox72

I got mine from Fatman Fabrication.

Billy

4. SimonSez

SimonSez

5. Granada will go on, but you need to ream out the ball joint holes in the spindle..they dont seat properly...about 60-75 bucks..theres a few machine shops that specialize in that in So Cal..

6. DrJ

DrJ

7. I have versailles spindles, the lower balljoint hole is large and doesn't need so much reaming. also I think a coil and a half are chopped on the front. The rear I took two leafs off and have 2" lowering blocks

Attached Files:

8. Another thing, I think I told you already, if you want to run cheap steelie after the disc swap you must go to the junkyard and find a victoria taxi cab, those rims fit you new hub hole. your old rims won't fit because the only fit drum brake hubs.

9. Gettin the info - Thanx... Desrt when its time you got that spindle setup dont you? _ Also the 58 gettin ready for some base coat - All body work done and there was plenty of it,, Tryin for someting like this - but w/diff wheels etc.... Abe your rig lookin good also sent you aan email about some product.. HIG
    [​IMG]

10. What is that grill insert?
    TZ

11. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like the bumper and grill insert are from a square bird ('58-'60 Tbird). Not sure though.

12. chota5

chota5
    from Nor Cal

Gonna try to revive a 6yr old tread here. I too am looking for a source for drop spindles for a '57 Ranchero. And where I live Granadas and Torinos were crushed many years ago. Our junkyards are filled with 90 and up cars. Does anyone make drop spindles/disc conversion for a '57? And no I'm not even interested in a MII kit.

13. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

try ebay for granada spindles then source the calibers and rotors and such from your local parts house. just a suggestion, or try a thread in the wanted section of the classifieds.

14. XL-FE

XL-FE

Spindles from a 70´s fullsize FoMoCo (Lincoln´s, T-bird, LTD and so on) fits perfect, it also has the correct steering arm geometry. It doesn´t drop much, though, only 1/2" and it has the 5 on 5" wheel pattern with 3" hub. Another thing to think about is that when going to disc brakes you need more leverage on the brake pedal. I altered the geometry by moving up the pushrods joint.

Attached Files:

15. GinettaG12P

GinettaG12P
    BANNED

The grille is a stock 1958 Meteor Rideau grille.

aRustyPatina likes this.