Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Dropped Spindles for 55-56 Ford/Merc

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Tobias Binsch, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Tobias Binsch

Tobias Binsch

Hi, i am searching for dropped spindles for my 56 Mercury. I saw a few but they are always with disc brake conversion. I already converted my stock spindles with disc brakes and dont want to buy everything again. Are there any dropped spindles that fit with the stock brakes?

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have not seen any,I have them on my sunliner with the Granada brakes and now trying to find a kit to put the Granada brakes on stock spindles since I want to raise it back up some.

3. jimmy six

jimmy six

Tob.... your statement says you have discs on your stock spindles and now you want dropped spindles with stock brakes meaning drums so you can put your converted discs on the spindles, right? If you can get a chance to measure the bracket that holds the caliper and see if the bolt spacing is the same as stock you should only need that bracket if it's different than the Granada or aftermarket Granada style its just a matter of spacing from there which is adjustable with made spacers or a washer. I would call Drop-N-Stop in Van Nyes Ca. they really know their stuff on this.
    Your Merc looks lowered now. If you install dropped spindles now it may go "way low"... There are guys here who did the Granda spindles and Aerostar springs and couldnt drive their cars because of ride height. There are urathane spacers for above the springs up to 1/2" thick that fit Toyota truck rear coils and I have the number for those if you need them. Good luck...

4. What type of disc brakes do you have on the stock spindles? HRP