Register now to get rid of these ads!

driving your hot rod to work in the morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did the Missus know you took it ?

2. DROVE THE COUPE TO WORK TODAY, GETTING READY FOR ALL DEUCE RUN NEXT SATURDAY

3. BucketHeadBart

BucketHeadBart
    from illinois

Morning drives to work in the "T" are the absolute BEST !!! I leave early enough that the 26 mile drive has only mild traffic, no real A holes to deal with.
    I love the drive in the brisk morning air. 45 MPH speed limit the whole way. Perfect cruising speed.
    When I do drive it , Im fortunate enough, I can park it right outside my office window to keep an eye on it all day. The BAD part about that is that it taunts me ALL DAY LONG begging me to cut out early and just go for a drive.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Honestly, as soon as i do the t-10 L79 swap in my '65 el camino, the 10:30 pm drives home will get a lot faster!!! I'm getting a radar detector, ASAP too... I already have race(550lbs) springs in the front(and a spare 1.187" sway bar if it needs it), so it handles pretty damn decent as is, hell i might start backroading again, meaning go as fast as i can, and know any cop that see's me has to turn around first.

5. bartmcneill

bartmcneill
    from Ada, OK

Drove mine to work and nobody noticed except to say there is an old car out in the parking lot. NO CAR GUYS WORKING THERE. Got a new job and am looking forward to driving my rod to work. Lots of car guys working there. If the guys you work with don't appreciate your ride, quit and find a job where they do.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Work is 60' out the back door... Does it count when the 'Bucket plays delivery vehicle? SAM_6049.JPG

Attached Files:

7. You are absolutely right,my insurance provider don't want me to use my hot rod as a daily driver be doesn't have a problem with me driving them on a regular basis. HRP

8. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Drove mine down sat .[​IMG]

9. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

^ Good looking truck. My shop is at home so I don't have to drive anywhere to work.

10. 37dodge

37dodge

33 at work - Copy.jpg Drove mine to work today. It was so nice to to hear the engine humming along on the back roads early in the morning and then glancing at it through the building windows after I got here.

11. I'm afraid I would've asked "You know Gil Gonzales? Don't know Gil huh.."

I get stuff like that all the time. One of my jobs is at a private Country Club. I park next to two ferraris, a bentley and a couple million dollars worth of other cars and the members stand around my old junk and talk about it.

redzula likes this.
  12. RCM59

RCM59

Nothing better than hotrod therapy. Both my motorcycle and hotrod are loud. The truck has a 5 speed so you have to shift and listen to wind up. It just makes all the bad stuff go away for a while.

13. This year we have the option of getting collector plates and the rates are really cheap. I opted out and pay a little more for all purpose insurance so i can enjoy my car every waking moment. I'm the only car guy in the stealership which i find odd.

14. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

I grew up in Yucaipa left there in 69 great place to grow up back in the 60s