Register now to get rid of these ads!

driving your hot rod to work in the morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, Sep 5, 2013.

1. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Old hot rods rule ! And they are easier to fix by the common man ! I love old and new but I can't fix that new shit ! And that pisses me off !

2. This was my ride to work in the late 60`s my first real American Hot Rod, Wow great super duper memories. The Coupe now lives in Costa Mesa & is owned by Chicago John

Attached Files:

Martin_F likes this.
  3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't work anymore but drive it to the store, parts house,dinner,etc, etc,--rather drive it in good weather than new stuff but gotta watch for the nut cases and light runners around here.

4. It makes me smile when I see one of my co-workers T roadsters no matter what type of day I'm having. If I drive my truck then I seem to float the last few hours just waiting to take the long way home!

5. Joshua614

Joshua614

6. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I keep running mine but the salt is really taking it's toll this winter for some reason. I will have some welding to do in the spring.

7. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I sometimes just go for a 10 minute romp to clear the head.Going to work is the same distance.I work in a fenced in waterplant so I have no worries.And then get to have a long drive home if I choose.I like to warm it up before leaving home and it pisses off the lady next door that doesn't work and stays up till 3am.Bonus!
    I built it to drive it,what else is it for?

8. I was born and raised there. Lived there for 40 years and always called Somerset the A-hole of the country. I came off the mountain years ago and what a difference. Not like it's paradice here but it's much better.
    See ya in the Spring.....

9. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

I wish for some nice weather.. ohio sucks.

10. I live about 2 miles from my office. Drive the 32 to work on many good days. Makes going to work lots more fun...

11. norcal rizzo

norcal rizzo

1: im so damn envious. I carpool, and I dont think the three other guys would wanna share a bench seat for the 55mi trip in, but ive never asked, two are actual car guys, it may get a majority vote. 2: but, chances are, by the time she idled down, , I would have already come up with a reason to call in sick. if shes hot at 5:15 in the morning, you best believe im drivin the wheels off her that day. Which is a double edged sword, I come home happy and relaxed, but the book-keeper(girlfriend), not so much....

the metric system? never heard of it.......

12. I drive the Dodge a couple fo times a week and park it outside my shop, Scale Automobilia & Big River Book Exchange.......will probably have it parked there tomorrow morning.....lol......the other pic show the 1941 Plymouth Coupe I sold last yr beside the Dodge........I used to alternate between the Dodge & Plymouth........andyd

Attached Files:

13. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

First day of the year I could drive my car to work... 5:15 am... It sure made a Monday feel like any other day of the week!
    Looking forward to my 2 hour detour home through every back road I can find!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398077356.156592.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Martin_F likes this.
  14. redzula

redzula

Gasin' up

Attached Files:

15. 23buckethead

23buckethead
    from Kokomo,in

I try and drive my coupe a couple times a week.It makes the day a lot better. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400224503.065220.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400224570.407145.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400224596.272867.jpg

Road Kings

16. wsdad

wsdad

I used to repair x-ray equipment in a very senic area. There were lots of curves on the seldom used mountianous roads. One of the clinics we serviced was about a 2.5 hour drive away. If I didn't have to carry something that was too big to fit in my trunk, I'd always take the car. It was pure joy driving those winding roads in an old car. Yes, I got paid to drive my hot rod!

http://goo.gl/maps/bR1IJ

17. atomickustom

atomickustom

Sitting in my '53 right now!

18. Kenny Allen

Kenny Allen

I know how you feel. My shoebox left the shop late Tuesday night. I've driven her to work the rest of this week and now, I barely need my morning coffee. She's gone from a car that could barely drive safely on a one lane farm road at 30 or 40 to a highway cruisin scream machine (ok not exactly). I keep wonderin how many days in a row I have to drive her for her to be considered a "daily driver". I usually drove her every day but only after work. I'd get home, load my dog up, and head out to the country for a drive. Now I'm bombin outta the drive way at 6am and hittin the freeway. Smaller.jpg

19. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Just to get this thread back up !
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400511472.502481.jpg

Posted while using the john

20. No pics to add, but just want to add it is amazing how much driving your old car to work can make the day better. Arrive with a big smile on your face, and then look forward to lunch or driving home.

21. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

I try to drive mine to work a couple days a week in the summer.

Work.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  22. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Here's what I see when I pull into our lot at work.

Blue

001.JPG

23. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Not a HotRod but this was my only car and I drove it year round for a couple years. To work and everywhere else.
    DrivFront2.jpg

24. Drove the wagon to work today. HRP wagon.jpg

25. Movinman

Movinman

My daily driver and newest vehicle is my 63 Belair. I drive it to work daily, and it makes me happy all day long.

Attached Files:

26. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

I drive my 50 in twice a week when I don't have the kids. Takes me an extra 20 minutes or so since it isn't highway friendly but I'll probably still take the long way even when she is. No matter what goes wrong those two days I forget about it on the cruise home.

27. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was posted to the 1st Health Support Btn. our barracks were a couple of miles away and off base. When we didn't PT it to work the only car I had was my old Hot Rodded 38' Ford Coupe.
    Man! Did that thing garner interest as I drove to work, a bright Monza Red Hot Rod with a huge chrome grille stood out like dogs balls driving through two Infantry Battalions and an Artillery Regiment to get to the Army hospital!!
    It kinda' had a down side too, on my first day when posted to the Army Parachute Training School (PTS, I was posted in as staff) rocking up in the coupe got me pretty much pegged as trouble. Even know I was trouble doesn't mean I should be labelled as that just because of my car! They could have waited to meet me first so they could confirm it at least!
    At PTS our barracks were on a Navy base, I may as well drove around there in a Russian Tank! The Cox'ns (Navy police) followed me around waiting for me to do something wrong!
    In reality, they were all fun days though.

Doc.

28. redzula

redzula

He'll I miss working up there and seeing your truck all summer long parked out front. Nice reminder in the reflection how much better your drive in was compared to your coworkers.

29. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My insurance company recommends that you not drive your ride to work, and I think it is because those hours are the most dangerous as far as wrecks go. I don't enjoy being in really heavy traffic since there are so many assholes out there who don't care about anything.

30. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Meh, all i drive are old cars, it's just anouther day.... Why even own a new piece of tupperware???

And for the guys that dont because of insurance, get better insurance, your rod is probably worth less than a new corvette, and a lot of guys drive them daily. Myself, i'm straight liability..