Register now to get rid of these ads!

Driving a Hot Rod on "Reality" TV

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Courtney Hansen is the "lovely host" of this TV show ... and the "cute model" that chatted with Jive-Bomber Jay about gearhead stuff.

Here's some of Courtney's "HAMB-friendly" modeling shots:

Courtney Hansen @ Hollywood Hot Rods.JPG Courtney Hansen in Black Coupe.JPG Courtney Hansen in Hollywood Hot Rods shirt.JPG
    Courtney Hansen with Hollywood Hot Rods  'Respect Tradition' Roadster.JPG Courtney Hansen in Hollywood Hot Rods 'Respect Tradition' Roadster.JPG Courtney Hansen in Hollywood Hot Rods 'Platinum Bomb' Roadster.JPG
    Courtney Hansen @ Bonneville Salt Flats Pic 1.JPG Courtney Hansen @ Bonneville Salt Flats Pic 2.JPG Courtney Hansen @ Bonneville Salt Flats Pic 3.JPG
    Courtney Hansen @ Bonneville Salt Flats Pic 4.JPG Courtney Hansen @ Bonneville Salt Flats Pic 5.JPG Courtney Hansen @ Bonneville Salt Flats Pic 6.JPG
    click thumbnails to enlarge

2. Didya get "Courtney" to take her top off?

3. Very cool Jive Bomber! Congratulations! Hopefully they let you know before it airs so you can alert all of us. :D

4. silent rick

silent rick

yeah, like maybe the fake yawn and stretch used to get your arm around her, then pretend to run out of gas. got any make out lights under the dash?

5. Didja turn left while actually going right ?
    Didja do hand/arm turn signals?
    Ever look in the mirrors?
    Get gas ...?
    Mistakenly hit the brakes cuz you were following too close ?
    Talk with both hands ?

Please post the air date?

6. duste01

duste01

as weird or as silly as it may seem, its still very interesting from a technical standpoint to me. I would welcome the experience.

7. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I met a local guy who is doing a reality show they hope will be on Discovery soon. it is called Graveyard Carz. I think they mainly do OT cars like late 60's early 70's mopars?

8. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

sounds like a cool experience Jay!

9. I dunno... If you set up the show like "This Old House" instead of the way they set up every other car building show (deadline drama), you might be able to last as long as "This Old House" did...

10. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

That would have been fun, but pass the Aleve...

11. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

I think that a 3 martini lunch would be in order - just to loosen you up a bit for your film debut. "You can drag a horticulture but you can't make here think" - or something like that:confused:

12. Huh? ... What Blog/thread did you read? ... No where in the text did I get the impression that the folks at AUTOWEEK (an automotive enthusiast publication) were producing a new "deadline drama" car building television show ... I'm pretty sure "Vinsetta Garage" will be more of a "magazine-style" TV program that will include interviews with gearheads like Jay.

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Sounds like quite the adventure!

14. it would've been perfect if some of us local cohorts were to spot this as it was happening and roll up on you yelling "Jive Bomber!!!!! Wardly!!! Whoooooo Hooooo!"

15. Mr. Jive Bomber, can we see a clear pic of your cool car? Looks like a bute! Look forward to the episode.

16. Gaters

Gaters

Love the photo, hate the blurry result. Dog-gone auto focus. It's Jay and Ryan in his so-called ratty ol 29. Don't let em fool you, that's a cool ride!

Attached Files:

17. bonesy

bonesy

That's really cool. I can't wait to see the show.

18. flamingokid

flamingokid

So,are you gonna go Hollywood on us now?

19. Now? ... Jay has been with PIXAR for over 10 years ...

20. erlomd

erlomd

that was way cool. thanks for sharing!

21. Jays beater isn't Mater?

22. Cool stuff. I can't wait to see it on TV. Mostly for the model, but for the car too...

Stude Trucks, That is a bad ass video. Is that Jimmy White?

23. autobilly

autobilly

Thanks Todd, I hadn't seen any of those.

24. I'm sure you did fine, Jay.

I just want to know how they are going to make the engine noises right.

Sam

25. Deuces

Deuces

That's my little pal.... :D

Attached Files:

26. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I just stuck baseball cards in the spokes before we took off... ;)

27. Here's a couple promos for the TV show:

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1-oHuhcJJU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1-oHuhcJJU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Jive-Bomber @ the 0:02 mark ... and Deuce Bruce @ the 0:18 mark

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJ7IYHAPhuU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJ7IYHAPhuU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Jive-Bomber @ the 0:15 mark ... and Deuce Bruce @ the 0:21 mark

28. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Sounds like there is going to be some good T.V. headed down the pike! By they way your "Ratty" Roadster, as you put it, TOTALLY RULES!

29. fullthrottle53

fullthrottle53

Reality TV is really just an an illusion!

30. derbydad276

derbydad276

what the hell is the velocity channel??/