Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Driveway Fire Ups

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by riceman, May 21, 2010.

1. riceman

riceman

Last Saturday we took our cackle car to St John's Catholic School , K-8th grade for their 7th Annual Classic American Car Show to raise money for the sports programs they have for the kids. I must have put every kid who was there in the car. It was great fun ! I asked if we could start it, but there were retired Nuns there and the noise would be too loud. They should be use to noise with a room full of kids. I didn't see any Black & Whites with wood rulers. Must have been undercover Nuns. I tried to talk one into getting in the car, but she wouldn't do it. We were presented from the 2nd Grade class a Trophy as their favorite All American Racecar and I donated $100.00 to their sports program. My two nephews attend St. Johns School, so Uncle Roger will be there for their next shows in coming years. So after the show we took the fueler to my long time friends's house, Kackle Ken and Nitro Nadine Riley in San Leandro, my old neighborhood we grew up in. Ken and I invited some close friends, family and neighbors that have never heard one of these car before. My Brother and his family were there too. I have been brainwashing my nephews for this with books and videos. Our friend Carl Wilson took this video and a retired Fire Dept. Captain. We had munches, pizza and whatever you drink as we waited for the sun to set. So with 30 friends and family, some with earplugs I gave out, along with all the kids with earplugs, we lit it off at 7:30 pm. One neighbor came over and said to turn it off since it was shaking her windows 7 houses away. She lived across the street and the zoomies were aimed away from her house. She said she was taking care of people on their death bed. We didn't know, meant no harm and we wouldn't start it again anyway. She said she called the Police, but the Police never showed up. We did offer her to take some food and drink home. Nadine went over and talked to this lady and made peace. There was a older lady there, watching TV with the volume up high in a wheelchair and didn't look like she was on her death bed. WTF ? Oh well. So everyone had a good time and what was left out was my deminstration lighting Nitro with a match. Everyone had a great time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drkL35VGcDo

Who else here on HAMB have tanted their neighbors with the LOUD cars ?

with loud race__._,_.___

2. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

I have to be honest when I read your title "Driveway Fire Ups" I thought about firing up the engine in my old truck when I was a teenager so many moons ago and the postive wire laying cross the exhaust manifold shorted and caught the engine on fire. That was our driveway fire up. Funny story anyhow. And I've had a few neighbors say our race car rattle a few windows, lol.

3. lorodz

lorodz

oh man that thing sounds man ....congrats ..

4. HD74

HD74

I enjoyed that!

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. There's nothing in the world that compares to the feeling of nitro burning pure horsepower, nothing...

6. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Next time take a couple of packs of Camel filters with you. Break off the filters and reserve the rest. Distribute the filters as earplugs to the kids and the Sisters and fire it. Then make the contribution to the obviously worthy cause. Take the car home and open a bottle of 18 year old scotch (by volume more costly than the nitro), and fire up a couple of the left over Camels from the ear plugs. No waste in this operation.

7. cool , looked like fun

8. SpeedAddict001

SpeedAddict001
    from Alaska

Man, I love the sound of your car switching over to Nitro! Thanks for sharing your video even if the neighbor did think it was shaking her to her grave.... LOL... Anyway, that car is awesome and I love it.

SpeedAddict001

9. riceman

riceman

Cell phone pictures aren't the greatest, but the Fireworks were good ! That is George Anderson in the Brissette Bomb being flame broiled. We had to have someone named George in the car to be politically correct and also drives a 7.60 dragster. We tried to get him into the seat with a helmet, but George is alittle bigger than me, so off it came. After almost 4 minutes we shut it down and George is yelling at me " I don't have ear plugs " ! "Hey I turned the motor off " ! ( evil grin ) It was a Happy 4th of July !

Attached Files:

10. Verry cool Riceman

11. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

That thing sounds grate..... Love the smell of nitro.....LOL

12. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Back when Norwalk was IHRA we would service the fuel car at my shop then head to Indy the next weekend. There wasn't much time between those 2 big races so we worked late every night. I remember one year around 89/90 something like that we got finished putting a new fuel system on it and wanted to light it before we left for Indy. It was about 2AM when we rolled it out in my driveway and fired the engine. After that the neighbors always braced themselves when ever they saw a race trailer in my driveway. JC

13. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

14. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Thanks for sharing the video. What percentage of pop are you running? I lived close to a small town with a resident who made antique replica cannons. He occasionally fired them and knocked pictures off the walls of all the neighboring houses:D

15. moses

moses

way cool video ..i hate bitchy neighbors...jeffrey

16. My dad had almost the same issue when he would fire up his funny car. I was little but remember it being a 427 with hilborn injection on it. neighbors from the other end of the block were not to happy

17. riceman

riceman

We are only running 80% Nitro, 28% blower, 38 degree on the Magneto and burns 1 gallon a minute idling.