Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Driveshafts and Pinion Angle Problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eric Satterfield, Aug 2, 2018.

1. About 15 years ago, I bought a Sellstrum/Phantom auto darkening helmet, and have never regretted it. It was about 50% lighter than my old helmet, and the auto darkening was adjustable from 8 to 12.
    The only disadvantage for this particular helmet, at the time, was that it required AAA batteries, and back then the small batteries were hard to find. Nowadays, you can buy the batteries anywhere
    It is a great helmet, and I have never regretted buying it.
    Bob

2. Eric Satterfield

Eric Satterfield

Rear spring recommendation. I am considering to replace the current set up with a P&J style ladder bar .It appears to be noise free now...But to be honest the pie cut job really looks like shit under there. I want to replace the rear spring at the same time. As you can see in the photo The cross member is made out of box tube and is flat where current spring seats.The spring measures 39” and is 2” wide. I am also replacing the housing with a used but un- welded on replacement. I would like to get another 1.5 of height to achieve 22” from the current 20.5”. I have been looking at Posies springs offered by Speedway..But given the flat mounting and needing 2" in width I don't see many choices...And Ideas? Can a front spring be used in the rear?...First rodeo with making these types of choices other than factory replacement for cars in the past. Thanks https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Posi...35-40-Ford-Leaf-Spring-2-Inch-Drop,37230.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  3. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Find a good used 35-40 spring , you could use a crossmember of the same or a pice of tubing with a perch

4. Ha! I had a very similar problem with mine at first (maybe for the first year). I didn't realize that mine was in *grinder* mode. I realized it when one of my kids asked what that switch was for. A lot more fun after that.

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

GuyW and clem like this.
  6. clem

clem

^^^^^^ Fascinating video.
    Thanks for posting.

7. jcwilliamsj

jcwilliamsj

i know that this thread is old but am curious did you ever get this completely sorted out?