Register now to get rid of these ads!

driveshaft help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by agutto13, Nov 2, 2011.

1. agutto13

agutto13

I just picked up a 63 studebaker wagonaire. its got the t86 trans, and its missing the driveshaft. i measured from center ujoint to ujoint and it came back to about 51 inches. I would like to find one that fits right in there without having to shorten one. does anyone know any stock drivelines with that measurement so i can run to a junkyard and know what im looking for? thanks guys!!
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

how did you measure center to center without a shaft?Does that trans have the bolt on yoke with a joint? If not You should measure from tip of spline to center of pinion and subtract 3/4" and then call Al or Jim at driveline service in west sac. If you have one to shorten, it would probably be cheaper than getting a complete one from the boneyard that my be damaged or needs joints.And no I dont work there they have just proven to me that trying to shortcut on driveshafts can be like putting used brakes on your car.They are good cats and will take care of you! And sorry I didnt answer your original Question Iam just tryin to help ya out.

3. jrlemke

jrlemke

Find someone in the Studebaker Drivers Club that has a shop manual. The stock lengths are listed. You may be able to get one from Studebaker International mail order also. I won't be near my stuff for a few weeks so this is as much as I can tell you. Jim