Register now to get rid of these ads!

Driver opportunity for Bonneville Streamliner in 09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by macracing, Sep 8, 2008.

1. macracing

macracing
    from Kokomo, IN

I gave up building a traditional rod for a Bonneville I/GS Streamliner project. The liner is now in running condition and the final minor stages of construction should soon be done. My goal is to fully license (200 mph) two team drivers at three land racing venus, Maxton, Texas Mile & Bonneville. Record runs will come later. The second driver was to be my son, but he will not have the vacataion time available next year, so....the second driver position is available.

I have seen the interest many HAMB members have in land racing and thought this might be a good way to contact someone who may want to take advantage of this opportunity. The liner will be finished without additional financial assistance, but the selected driver must be able & willing to handle logistics and funding the actual trips to the events. This is a very low cost chance to drive a new quality streamliner.

The liner is in central Indiana & we want someone preferably from the mid-Indiana area. We will expand the area of consideration as needed. Any interest? If so, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME & I will respond. General questions will be responded to in this post.

Attached Files:

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

wow. one hell of an opportunity. only one question tho, why not pilot it yourself?

3. macracing

macracing
    from Kokomo, IN

Uh...I am the "first driver", my son was to have been the second driver but he cannot get time off work as needed next year. So...this offer is out there for the "second driver".

4. Do you have any additional views of the body? From the side it looks like you started with an alky funny car and modified as needed. Did you also narrow it?

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

gotcha... good luck in your search, im sure you'll be getting plenty of applications soon.

6. the shadow

the shadow

some other stats may be worth adding like:
    are you looking for a specific sized person to fit the cage area ie-shoulder width/hieght weight?

paul

7. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com