Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drive your Hot Rod to work day.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Can't drive one of 'em to work....I retired....:D:D:rolleyes:

2. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

No thanks!....I want to Keep It!..............:p

3. cruzr

cruzr

I drive mine every day!!

4. DK23

DK23

The joy is in the driving. I take mine everywhere, including work.

5. Oh, yer onea them trouble makers:D. I got 3 brother in laws and a sister in law who in that same gang.:p I still got 10 years:(.

6. Hal_396

Hal_396

I always get asked: What happened to the roof? I say: I left it out in the rain and it shrunk!:p

I hate when kids yell: Do a burnout grandpa!

[​IMG]

7. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

How about: "My (insert person here) had one just exacly like that!"

8. chubbie

chubbie

:)I LOVE drive to work day!!!!!Last week drove the model A to the construction site.... one of the guys said wow you drove this all the way here???? my kid said shit yaa.. he drives it every where!!! he says I guess you may as well...Bone head!!!!!!
    I have glass in it now, used to go to the job with base &window caseing
    thru the back window, miter saw on the seat next to me, nail bag on the floor....

9. madpiper

madpiper

i get the question..What is that?...some kinda old car?
    meadowbrook quarter view.jpg

10. Funnyest one I got, I drove a '57 Chevy teal & White 2dr hardtop, my boss say thats cool my dad had one just like that, oh says I a '57? no she says I think his was a '61 or '62, ok a hardtop?, yes she says only it had 4doors and and a piece between the doors where the windows are, so it was a 4dr sedan, '62 Chevy, but it was this color? well not quite, but sort of. ok I say and it was just like this? yeah she says I just loved it...

11. BBobb

BBobb

Did you built that yourself

12. EV34

EV34

we do the same thing we will be at a show or just out and about and have younger kids come up and look at it and hear their remarks about them and how cool they think they are and to see their faces light up when ya open the door and tell em "climb on in lets see what ya look like" makes ya feel good when ya see them light up like that and i remember goin to the oklahoma nats when i was younger and droolin over this 34 sedan and the guy just opend it up and let me sit in it will never forget that day

13. OCIE

OCIE
    from TRINITY,TX

I always laugh at "wheres the hood at?"

14. havi

havi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Don't park that thing next to my new car, eh"

15. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Wow, whaddya gonna do, report me? :rolleyes:

16. WOW..............this really is a kinder gentler HAMB...............;):)

17. LMFAO!! do a burn out granpa ...now that is funny

18. Took mine the other week and I got - " Why is it painted like a 1970's fairground ride" ,
    Plus the usual what's the MPG, how fast, why are the tyres white, why dont you have an engine cover was it stolen.

[​IMG]

19. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Seems like there is a "Nader" lurking in every thread anymore.

20. the rod....usually "bet that don't do much to the gallon?", "where's the Bonnet", "Is it a Kit car?", "What's it based on, "Bet you don't use that in the rain?" ...and the best one.."I have/my mate has a Subaru WRX" like i'm gona be impressed!The Nash pick up (Don't own it any more).... "is it a Nash metropolitan?", "what about speed humps?", "do you like rock and roll?", and the real clincher for the dumb and stupid "Does it float?" ...I used to say "yep!", [​IMG][​IMG]

21. Sounds like someone is angry with their insurance carrier....

22. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I seen a sticker on a car that said it is done Dickhead. It was a 30 model A chop top coupe. the guy hat owned the car would tell people to look at the sticker when they would ask when you going to finish it or thats going to be cool when you get it done... LMAO My boss told me that if my car was his it would be painted with big wheels ect... I told him for 18000 he could do what ever he wanted. I still have my car. No more statements from him about my car.....

23. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Yeah, I miss hearing the old ladies saying how much they liked my car. :D ('63 Electra)

There was this one at a gas station that asked me the typical, "what color are you gonna paint it?" etc, but she was pretty cool about it and was taken aback when I said I wasn't going to paint it. Then I fired it up (dual, 18" glasspacks) and it was kind of loud, and she liked the way it sounded. All this from a yuppie old woman!

I was impressed. Anyway, this makes me feel like crap because now I don't have a cool car on the street. :(

24. SlamIam

SlamIam
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wouldn't build a car or truck I couldn't drive to work, I build them because I like to spend time in them. Several coworkers have project bikes, cars or trucks they're working on, and we all like it when one shows up in the parking lot so we can see what progress has been made. Girls in the office are first to ask for rides, most men are too cool to ask right away, but eventually get to it if they have the car gene.

25. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

I drive this 65 miles a day. It get a few looks.....from cops. It will have to do till my 57 chevy is ready to roll for my daily. It get about the same gas milage as an suv....:D

Attached Files:

26. Kerry67

Kerry67

No chance on driving mine to work. We have had peoples daily drivers stolen from our lot in broad daylight so no way am I bringing my wagon to work. Plus, it is a total dust bowl around the place with construction trucks going in and out all day.

27. simon g-s

simon g-s

It had to be done , they dared me, big smokey burnout in the car park !! Some loved it, the rest just dont get it.
    i can drive under the stupid barriers too, just to piss off security.

Attached Files:

28. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

i always get, "Is it your husbands..."
    sheesh!!

29. JBEAU

JBEAU

This little 63 wagon is my daily beater .unless i drag out the f250 to tow something...

Attached Files:

30. This has been and still is my daily driver for 5-6 yrs. 65 F100 Camaro clip and Hydro's. The most common question I get asked is, If i want to buy there truck. And I look at them and say, I already have one. Then they give me the could of,would of, should of on there truck stories. It never fails, it's funny on how people tend to spill there guts on there personal life revolving there unfinished or never started projects.

Attached Files: