Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drive your Hot Rod to work day.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Jul 21, 2009.

1. shainerman

shainerman

I drive something almost everyday and always get, "Man, you do fairly well here, why dont you buy something nicer or fix that and put a big block in it."

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the most stupid thing I ever heard from someone when I used to drive my 62 Caddy to work was "you should put some 13" wire wheels on that baby and tint the windows"

yeah... that would look really sharp.

3. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Once at a rural gas station a feller jumped out of his muddy 4x4 truck with his camo hat and Bass Pro tee shirt and looked over my buddies '58 Chevy that sits really low and said "wow that sits really low, what do you do when you have to cross railroad tracks?" The reply: "SLOW DOWN!"
    Do people ask this shit just to look like idiots or are they serious?

Marty McF.

4. t-vicky

t-vicky
    from Kansas

I drive my black primer chevy & the #1 question is what color are you going to paint it? I tell them I am thinking about flat black.

5. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

I had one guy (potential customer) tell me "wow that's a nice car you should put some 22"s or 24"s on that", I just said it wasn't my style or the style I was going for and left it at that.

Marty McF.

6. zzford

zzford

I was driving my coupe (as in my avatar) when I was asked by a young urban guy in a older Cutlass,"Why don't you put some 24"s on it?" I replied that my taste was too good for that.

7. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

just watch out for fellow employee door dings. I swear, co-workers are usually retarded when it comes to driving your pride and joy to work. I had a jackass 6" from my door yesterday when I came out to the car.....parked in the back, away from the minivans and new dodge chargers to find that :(

8. wild willey

wild willey

My Favorite is ..."Someone makes WAAAY to much money". Yeah right!

9. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

I drive my 62 C10 to work every day. Sure, sometimes I'll have a road side problem, but no more often than if I had a 2002 vehicle. I always get "I had one of those back in high school" or "My dad is into hot rods, too. He has a '63 Mustang". ( I don't bother to correct them). I had a twerp in a little Civic that looked like it came from "The Fast and the Bi-Curious" ask if I wanted to race. I said, "Sure, but to keep it fair, I'll go home and get my motorcycle. It has the same size engine as your cute little car." Then I just smile and burn out for about a minute and a half. My truck looks like ass right now, but it has a very healthy Corvette small block, .060 over, mild cam, etc, etc, etc.... I always say that it is like the Millennium Falcon. It may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. :D

By the way, very cool "Prowler" ya got there. LOL

10. I HATE!! the big wheels and tires on rods. Really nice, big buck rods with those FQn shit wheels. BLECCHHH!!!!:eek::(

11. Ice man

Ice man

Driving mine to (work) retired but do some thing everday and YES my 29 Pk Up is with me. Ice man

12. I feel like such a wuss cause I drove my SEVENTY Swinger today, but at least it has windshield wipers.

13. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

I dig the folks that always have a neighbor, stepson, or relative that has one of them ole' hot rods........like an 86 mustang.....

14. 31fordV860

31fordV860

" Are you going to leave it the way it is"
    " What color are you going to paint it"

15. 1935olds

1935olds

I always get "it will look nice when you finish it".

Attached Files:

16. I usually get the what kind of gas mileage does it get and how fast does it go, also can you drive it on the freeway.

17. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

me too!

18. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

They're right! :D

19. Or "I always like that Trans Am in Smokey and the Bandit.":rolleyes:

20. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I work at Battle Creek Health Systems, an RN in ICU.

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

LOL, my thoughts exactly... :rolleyes:

22. calpyro

calpyro
    from napa

I get that all the time with my truck, followed by "Is that a Hummer?"

[​IMG]

23. NoSurf

NoSurf

"Is that one of them there ratrods?"

[​IMG]

this pic is today- right now downstairs haha!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  24. Just Jones

Just Jones

The ones I always get is "my grandpa used to have one just like it!" and "What are you going to do about those bullet holes?"

I've also noticed that my truck is the only car that doesn't get door dings in the parking lot where I work.

25. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

The guy that did the exhaust said, "That sure ain't no rat rod.", and I told the person who asked if it was a "kit car" they needed to smile when they said that :D.

As for giving rides, you bet!

26. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

I get the gas mileage question all the time too! "Nice old car....what kind of mileage does it get?" Who gives a shit. I drive the hell out of it, put some gas in it and drive it some more. That answer your questions? :)

27. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

The one that irks me is "That will be cool when you paint it." It's not cool now? Ugh...

One time I had a lady ask me if I towed it here, lmao.

28. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

That comment would NOT lead to her to getting a ride...

29. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i get " boy this thing sure needs alot of work" or "what field did you drag it out of?"

30. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Bunch of kids yelled at me as I drove by in my model A sedan "nice car old man!":(
    Another bunch of kids exclaimed "wow, that's cooler than shit!" I guess I should take that as a complement.;)
    In my Model A roadster, some lady complimented me on my "cute little MG".:confused:
    Some rich-ass dude driving a new Maseratti Quatroport slowed down next to my somewhat ratty looking roadster and gave me a big thumbs up!:D