Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drive your Hot Rod to work day.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Jul 21, 2009.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Just do it and be prepared to hear remarks like, "It looks like it needs alot of work.", "...those seats don't look very comfortable...", "What are you going to cover the door panels with?", "Is that a kit?", "It looks like it's going to rain, you'd better put the top up.", "How do you get over speed bumps?", "Is that one of those Prowlers?", "Does it have air conditioning?" :)rolleyes:), "Why did you paint it green?", and one "Will you take me for a ride?"

If I have explain, you're not gonna understand.

Attached Files:

2. glmke

glmke

I like "can you take me for a ride"

3. 18n57

18n57

I have heard a lot of the same stuff. "When it going to be done?" is the most common. I just say, "Someday". Have fun!! Oh, and can I have a ride?:)

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Hahaha, so true. Last week I got, "Did you drive that here?! Where's the rest of it?":D

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That thing looks like a hundred bucks in the sun.

6. yblock292

yblock292

Why does it side so low in the back ( my 50 shoe) are the springs bad?

7. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

"Why do you want to drive that old car?" Pretty brave to leave it in that big lot full of daily drivers.

8. McTullis

McTullis

I never get tired of looking at your car. It's pretty damn cool.

9. I drive my '50 Dodge to work everyday. It's the only car I've got. Of course I always get asked what year it is, at least twice a day, and if I want to sell it, If I'm going to restore it, what color am I going to paint it, what kind of motor it has, the usual. I've gotten used to it. I've been driving it everyday, everywhere for over a year and a half now. The best though, is when the older ladies get all excited and yell out there window how much they love it. Haha. Good times.

10. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Thats everyday, no??

11. I try to drive one of my hot rods at least a couple of times a week to the shop and I usually get ask a lotta questions.

I enjoy answering them and always try to encourage young and old to sit in the drivers seat and if time allows I will give them a ride around the block or down the street and back.

I have made a lot of new friends this way and we have actually picked up new business by people seeing the cars and stoping to look them over. HRP

12. I got "Wow, that really is a piece of junk!" and "Is it safe to drive like that?" and "It took you 13 years and this is all that is done?" or "Why?" and "You could have bought a new Corolla with A/C for that kinda money"

Lucky they were women, or I'd be fired...

I've decided the other day, the next (dumb looking) person who asks me what year is is... I'm going to say "2009" and glance down at the WORKING analog clock and say "about XX:XX o clock"

One old guy pulled up next to me in a late model Cadillac, rolled down the window and said "Looks like it's time for a new one... " and rolled his window back up... I wasn't sure how I should take that.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  13. Weasel

Weasel

That's a cute Dune Buggy!:rolleyes:

14. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

I like "but does it have air conditioning?" - a big AZ concern ;-)

15. The standard answer with a coul vent is,,yes it does,,,3 notch air!:D HRP

16. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

What color are you gonna paint it?

My sister-in-law:

"If they see your kids in it theyll take you to jail!!"

17. boldventure

boldventure

So...didja take 'em for a ride?

18. I've gotten that one before in the bucket.

If taking my kids out in their hotrod is illegal then I am going to keep moving north until it's no longer a concern.

19. Tony

Tony

Those are funny remarks..
    For me i get them when i dont' have something at work.
    It's normally "what happened, did you break something?? it's always here.."
    Or "where's the truck??you didn't sell it did you!?"

20. smarg

smarg

Hey were do you work i just moved from K-zoo??

21. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

Of course I took them for a ride!!!!!!!!!

I put a late model bench seat in the back so I would be easier to hook up the anchors on both car seats!!

22. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Mine is a lot "newer" than yours being a 70 MY, but nonethe less i hear those comments everyday being a daily and a project....annoyng sometime, but mostly just nonsense.
    Theres also the occasional how much is it worth or how much did you or do you put in it that makes me crazy...but that was another thread.
    Bitchin car anyway, ive followed your build a long time being a fan of unusual stuff and turned out plain stunning!
    A great idea and great craftsmanship. Cant go wrong w/ those 2 togheter.
    bonez.

23. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

Whenever my daily is broken down (often) I drive my raggedy 57 chevy. It's very loud and the one thing that makes me a little nuts is how people allways feel the need to pull along side of me on the highway and yell questions at me. They don't realize I can't hear them and I can't roll the passenger window down from where I'm sittling. So I just try to drive away from them, which makes them speed up and continue to paralell me screaming questions.

24. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Primer spots all over the car. Are you gonna fix it up?

Just had a guy ask me why I removed the door handles, how are you going to open the doors?
    I never thought of that. That leaves them wondering haha

25. Me next for a ride.
    I'd be too busy drooling on it to say anything Brian.
    I get that's cute a lot from wemmin, Does it have the flathead and then rejection when I say SBC from the old guys.

26. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Man you can't park for $#!+ :D

Driving them to work is the greatest thing. Even had a whole string of emails sent around my office about it once: "Who owns the baby blue primer rat rod Country Squire in the parking lot??"

Pretty close I guess. Can't help but laugh...

Attached Files:

27. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

My favorite one is "Do you need a tetanus shot to drive that thing?" My answer is yes, quite frequently, in fact your not having a recent tetanus shot is the reason i cant take you for a ride." It's not pretty, but I love her to death. Its gonna be a loooooong project. Here she is parked at my mortuary. -GothY-

P.S. NOT a rat rod. It's just under construction, slowly...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I almost said that, but it seems I catch shit for being a smart ass these days. Oh well.... :rolleyes:

29. Rod_n_Hudson

Rod_n_Hudson
    from Michigan

Cant really drive the rods to work everyday in MI. The weather is terrible, and in Metro Detroit, the roads are even worse than the terrible weather. Seriously, I had a pothole destroy the front end of an 09 Flex, I cant even imagine what that would have done to a rod. I cant even drive the rod to work if I wanted to, besides it not being done yet, we have had major thefts right out of our parking lots. With security guards, without guards, it doesnt matter.
    Im from Kalamazoo, what parking lot is that?

30. GARY?

GARY?

That is funny!!!:D:D:D