Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drive-ins are back(we knew that already)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tikidiablo, Mar 13, 2008.

1. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

2. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I like you even more now!!!

3. eric

eric

RAD Dude!! you have a bitchen set of bands!! i missed last years but this year its on!!

4. Jasper6120

Jasper6120
    from Australia

Too cool man. Too cool.

5. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

where are all the drive ins in so cali?

6. I've been taking my little boy down to the Parkway in Maryville TN for several summers now. Some of the best summer fun for the money we ever had, despite the 40 mile drive. He's asked me three times just this week when they open again. I hope ther are some good car movies this summer.

7. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

Just tore out a kool Drive-in in Englewood,Co i am still pissed. It was packed out every night for summer time so I know the all mighty Dollar had something to do with it ,but to me saving a landmark like that is worth way more money than building a Target
    or walmart over it.

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

The one here in Concord, CA usually closes for the winter. It didn't this year and every time I go by it's packed!

Maybe a HAMB night is in order.

9. You booked Unknown Hinson?? I AM impressed!!!!

10. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

For those of us near Western Pa,look up
    www.silverdrivein.com
    The owners are really nice people,great movie selections,car shows and of course,a good time.
    $18. for two adults and two kids for three movies ain't too shabby?
    Tune your radio in and enjoy....

11. patman

patman

12. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

our group went and saw CARS ,the place was packed . hope we can get something going on this summer.

Attached Files:

13. We have a cool old drive in just outside of Winchester, always wanted to out a show/swap on at this place.

14. We got together for the CARS movie too. There was about 45 cars,mostly HAMBers. Tiki...you better contact me when this goes down. I'm ready to go!!!!

15. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I'd never even heard of the Tiki theater before this thread. Thanks!

16. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

good band line up!

17. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

18. metalman

metalman

I'm so jelous you guys still have drive-ins, I loved them, would take a date to them all summer as a kid. Believe it or not we had over 20 of them in the Albuquerque area (not that big a town) at one time. One area had 3 of them side by side, if you parked in the right spot you could see all 3 movies playing ,not that you actually watched the movies from the back row ya know! They have torn down all but one and it's been closed for many years.
    Kinda funny... I was cleaning out my garage a while back and came across a box of...well "borrowed" drive in speakers. My 18 year old step daughter and her boyfriend was there and asked "what are those, little heaters or something?" Niether one of them had even heard of a drive-in thaeter. Sad.

19. tjm73

tjm73

Two drive in theaters in the Rocheaster, NY area. One is in Avon, NY about 15 minutes South of the city. Two screens.

The other is in Perry, NY. Go to the Geneseo exit and head West on route 20 to Route 39 into Perry. Stay on 39 you can't miss it. Also two screens and a restaurant and mini-golf course and a simple arcade and a regular cruise night and three 400 plus car super cruise nights a summer. If/when I go, I go to Perry. This place stayed open through the "bad" years. It's where I saw E.T. and Smokey and The Bandit and countless other classics. They kept the fire burning and they get my money.

20. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

yep,
    a problem nowadays with the drive-ins are they all moved to radio transmission.
    Not very many left with speakers.
    That was a priority for the Cinematic in Ohio.
    The only music I listened to is an 8 piece band called
    called "Valve in block and the Two toned Tooters."

21. kopis

kopis

We were there a few years ago for the tiki invasion. All I can say I that we had a great time. Bands all day, films through out the night. You guys should really come and check it out.

22. kopis

kopis

Hey Bob, its saturday May 3rd.
    You should come and check it out!

23. 66cadillac

66cadillac
    from So. Cal

good thing i still have 2 drive-ins 3 screens each within 15 minutes from here. it used to be $5/person last year. last time i went i think it was $10 sure beats the theater any day.

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

only got a few around me, maybe 2 or 3.
    got to drive a bit to get to em..great fun. Kid loves them, wife loves it because she can bring our dog, Elvis.
    and the shows are cheap, and you get to see 2 or 3 movies. just cant beat watching a movie in a drive in theater in our 53 chevy..

25. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

Reno (Sparks) still has one. Four screens, current movies and $6 each. We discovered it a couple of years ago and go a few times a year now. Gotta have a digital radio, though. We tried an analog tuner for Nacho Libre and couldn't get it to tune in, so we just rolled down the windows and listened to the loud stereo's in the trucks all around us. It's got a cool name, too..."El Rancho"

26. pastlane

pastlane

The local powers that be are trying their best to get the last drive in in Erie County, NY torn down to make way for a Wal-Mart. They call it progress... What a bunch of crap.

27. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

We have a DeAnza here in Tucson, didn't know they were a chain. Gotta take the '50 there this summer a few times!

maybe do a HAMB night there............ you listening Meatball?????????????

28. I have to take a boombox, no in-dash FM in my rides.