Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Drive In movie at Central Omaha speed shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hiboy32, Jun 20, 2009.

1. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Last fri night we had a little drive in movie in our back yard. We had hot rods and lawn chairs lined up to watch the classic American Graffitti. We had some local hambers show and even Hellraiser from Seward ( about an hour and half away ) in his 54 Olds . Rob Lee showed up in his roadster ( he just got it on the road a couple weeks ago) . Hawgrod wheeled out in the shop #10 special and JDK motored out in his bitchin 65 SS. Lurker Dan in his gorgeous 37 sedan also brought his daughter out for little family fun. What a great time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  2. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

That looks like a good time. Me and some buddies have been talking about doing that for awhile. Sometimes you gotta get out of the shop and have alittle family fun and that looks like the way to go. Thanks for the post, gets us motivated to do it ourselves.

3. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Gumby's, Milk Duds, Fresh popped Pop Corn, Soda's, a movie under the stars with friends and neighbors, It doesn't get any better than this in the Heartlands of this great country.

As was mentioned before, all our cars did was bring us all together for this.

I really enjoyed sitting next to Dan's little girl, sharing our pop corn together, and her sharing her little security blanket with me.

A great evening with you Jeff and your Mrs., and everyone else.

HellRaiser

4. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Thanks again for making the trip out for the movie night. That was fun...

Jeff

5. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Nice job Jeff. Sorry I missed this one. Hopefully there will be another. Gary

6. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Thanks Jeff,and be sure to tell the wifey thanks also! Look forward to next time. Rob

7. Very cool guys.

8. madmak95

madmak95

ive had that ideal for a while .... so i have to ask , what type of movie projector did u use?

9. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Kool. Way kool.

10. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Gary we wish you could have made it out, will let you when we do the drive in again.

Rob, thanks for coming out.... Very cool that you drove the roadster. We will do this again..

Jeff

11. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

We have done a lot of the out door movies, this is the first time we brought the hot rods out.. drive in style..

Any projector would work the larger the lumins ( brighter ) the better. The projector jsut needs a digital input, for that we use a $25 DVD player. Then the sound goes through a simple radio. We tried a FM radio transmitter, couldnt afford on that would work out side of 10 foot circle. That would have been too cool

Jeff

12. That's a cool idea. You guys should all roll up to Neligh some week end this summer for a drive in in Neligh. There's a couple nice, cheap Motels, good eats, nice park with camping and the movies are all first runs. It a fun time; and, no, I don't work for the theater, just offering alternative ideas for summer fun.

13. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Is there some local cars that could join in the fun? We might just have to make a road trip.

14. jdk

jdk
    from Nebraska

Jeff; thanks for the fun filled night and the props on the ride hope we can do it again some time truly enjoyable night tell the misses thanks as well it was great to see everyone!