Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drip rail's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 76ironhead, Jan 8, 2013.

1. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Hi guy's I have a 62 fairlne 500 and someone decided before I got the car to cut the driprail off the drivers side A piler. My question is has anyone ever made one and what did u use? I thought about finding a junk car and try a transplant. Any ideas

2. dtracy

dtracy

The top is spot welded into the trough of the drip rail and the drip rail itself is spot welded to the roof side rail, which is the main structural component of the roof. The A pillar is a hollow post made of two pieces welded together with the drip rail spot welded to it. I can't remember what the windshield reveal moulding looked like.

I think I would try to recover the piece you need from another vehicle by drilling out the spot welds and transplant onto your vehicle. You may have to remove the windshield for the operation. You also might consider transplanting the entire windshield post, just like making a chop, but replacing the cutout with the donor part.

Thanks,
    Dave.

3. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

they were shot on my 47, so I worked some 1/4 round. while not a true drip rail, I like it much better than without. just a if nothing else works idea.

4. MP&C

MP&C