I figured I'd show you guys what I've been working on. Long story short, I picked up this 300 dollar '52 studebaker a month or two ago because a) it was 300 bucks and I'm a sucker for a project, and b) my dad really likes studebakers, SO I'm putting this thing together as something that I can enjoy with him while all of our other projects collect dust with intentions of making them "nice," or something. I quit my job to focus on my education (mechanical engineering), so the budget is tight. If this is your thing, check out my Facebook page for my shenanigans (goodspeed handmade), which I think is just facebook.com/goodspeedhandmade, or, if you're an instagrammer, goodspeedmakesthings would be me. Anywho, on to the photos, to give you guys something to laugh at. studebroken on trailer by Devon Goodspeed, on Flickr This is what 300 dollars gets you in the wide world of Studebakers. It has shoddy bodywork in every body panel, the floors are shot, motor and trans are gone, there are only two pieces of glass in the car and only one is usable, interior is mostly gone, and on and on, BUT my father is a stude guy, so he's got a lot of stuff kicking around. Here he is sort of annoyed but cautiously optimistic because I drug him 150 miles from home in our car hauler to pick this pile up. Dad and I by Devon Goodspeed, on Flickr Once I got it home, the next installment in the Studebroken saga is the brakes, even before pulling it off the trailer. We had an incident a few years back with a car that ended up rolling down the street, so I like brakes. Plus, I got into a "discussion" with him over what would and wouldn't work as far as brakes are concerned, so the next post with be a quick look at what I did. Stay tuned.