Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dream Deuce Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jim1932, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Jim, You really "GET IT"!
    LOVE this car!

loudbang likes this.
  2. -Brent-

-Brent-

What a neat 32. I like what you've done to it.

This car with a quality polish job would really get to the next level.

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  3. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

nice coupe for sure...

loudbang likes this.
  4. That is one perfect 5W!

loudbang likes this.
  5. F-head

F-head

Wow that thing is beautiful, those wheels really give it a high end sporty look

loudbang likes this.
  6. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

Nice ride .

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  7. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

The garage style and finish are perfect for the 32 . I have a pipe dream to build a new garage , I want it finished rustic , old and Weathered looking as me .

The 32 could not get any better

loudbang likes this.
  8. Not that I will drive it in salt, but it is fun to slide around in the snow. and I has to pull it out so the electrician could work on the garage. I passed electric inspection so hopefully the walls get closed in this week.

snow rod.jpg

Toms Dogs, Deuces, Outback and 9 others like this.
  9. Not much new on the car. Been living out of storage units after the move to western Mass. Hope to start the house in a couple months but I have my priorities right. Garage is almost done. Been posting on the Garage Journal.

IMG_0519 (1).jpg IMG_0521.jpg 65093765524__4D45AB49-6AF9-4887-A0BC-4429FCF153E1.fullsizerender.jpg IMG_1845.jpg IMG_1915 (1).jpg

Attached Files:

loudbang, tomkelly88, greaser and 3 others like this.
  10. Decided to dress it up for an upcoming show. Tired of looking at parts on the wall or in storage........ This is just the dry fitting. Determined I need longer manifold studs.

IMG_2156.jpg

11. There is still some construction but the Garage is functional.

IMG_2146.jpg

Outback, clem, dave agosti and 11 others like this.
  12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Thats beautiful, the coupe ain't bad either;)

clem and Just Gary like this.
  13. What show will you be attending?

14. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Like your car & the sensible approach, I too have a set of Clark rims that accept the 32 hub caps I'm told were removed from a 32 pickup repainted bright yellow over what appears to be pale yellow original finish, not certain what was originally offered with respect to finishes. What size & brand of tires are you using? Thanks, Ron

Outback likes this.
  15. Just a local benefit show for the fire department. Wish it was Jalopyrama, but no dice this year.

pprather likes this.
  16. PM me, My wheels will not take the 32 hubcaps. The hole is too big. The only thing that fits so far are the general Jumbo's. I will take a look at the sizes of the tires and let you know. been a while since I put them on, and my memory is not that good.

17. The tires are 5.50 16 and 7.50 16 excelsior radials

18. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Hi Jim, sent some photos from the pm connect but not too certain if they made it to you let me know. as you can see, they do take the 32 caps & lock on tight but do hang over a bit but still look presentable, I think. Looking at some of the other posting info I noticed differences in the spoke counts between Clark, Firestone, etc. which of course varies with diameter (14-15-16") also some have a flared spoke where it is riveted to the hoop where others do not.

19. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

cool car and garage!

20. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

Cool car. Love your plans. Someone of lesser ability and intelligence would pull the body and fit a new kit street rod small block and auto chassis under it.

21. Been gone from here too long, work issues. Merry Christmas! and Happy holidays to the Non Christians

Attached Files:

V8-m, hotrodA, nunattax and 2 others like this.
  22. IMG_3961 (1).jpg IMG_4080.jpg A few new things for Spring. Installed my Kohler Brothers Dropped Axle. It's "In the Weeds now" LOL

23. And this weekend FINALLY snatched my motor for m the guy that does great work but painfully slow. Been 8 years. Fortunately, I haven't had a need for it. Inserts, larger intake valves, Brierly Winfield grind cam, brass timing gear. will add the lightened fly wheel to it as well.

image000000 (1).JPG image000000.JPG IMG_4316.jpg

Deuces, wheeldog57, Just Gary and 3 others like this.
  24. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

looking good bud

25. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

26. BTW, the motor Color will be the Chevy Grey that is on it to match the car. Inside Joke, it is period correct Chevy paint, the head is a Simmons Super Power head which says on it for Model A Ford Licensed by Chrysler. So I have the big three covered. LOL.

Algoma56, Uncle Bob and V8-m like this.
  27. V8-m

V8-m
    from Alaska

Very nice !

28. Well it is in the building.... {Don't tell my wife I put a motor in the 1 year old SUV... LOL}. No that is not the head that will run on it.

IMG_4318.jpg
    IMG_4330.jpg

Deuces and -Brent- like this.
  29. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Hey man welcome to Mass!! Very tidy coupe you have there. Maybe we'll see you around. . .