Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dream car and rare parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill Van Dyke, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Here's one to ponder on the crapper. Let's say you could go back to 1956 (to include SBC), and with money no object, what car/cars and hot rod parts would you buy and bring back to 2009? Here's a start: Kinmont disc brakes, Bell Auto Parts tube axle, new f-100 big widow..

2. abc123

abc123

Desoto grille teeth, Ardun heads, Buick side trim...my head hurts already, better stop.

3. phukinartie

phukinartie

If I could go back to 1956 I would NOT come back!

4. roundvalley

roundvalley

'32 Ford K members, pedals and a warehouse full of Browning shot guns!

5. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

A brand new 57 Corvette with a fuel injected engine and stickshift. Bright Red. Yeah buddy...

I may not come back though.... until I need medical help for something serious.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

1956?? I'd stock up on Deusenbergs, Packards and Caddies from the 20's and 30's, Pierce Arrows and all those big money cars that weren't worth much back then.

just be careful not to change the space time continuom

7. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Your time machine would still take $$$ for any cars/parts.

I'd snag a literal *ton* of free original rare/exotic auto literature/showroom brochures from dealers, then cash them in today - and buy all the rare parts you're bringing back. The return has been far greater!

8. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Yep!

9. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Thats funny! I agree!:D

10. Wow,I was born in '56,so I didn't know my d#$% from a diaper then. Still,I'd go back to the late sixties and scoop up some later model muscle to move at Barrett-Jackson,and...I'd find a nice '64 Belvedere hardtop with a Stage III to hide away for lil' ol' me to enjoy. Oh,and a '33 or '34 coupe,and a '56 Nomad,and a .... you get the idea.

11. . Wow, Am I the first to post a "48' Tucker Torpedo"???
    Also I'd find myself a 36-7 Coffin nosed Cord or two.

Actually when tucker built his cars he got the transmissions out of the cords that they found in the junkyards back then!!!!! In case ya didn't know...

I guess I'd have to buy some property with some polebarns or bomb shelters, and buy up all of the local "Old Junk" and hope that it dosn't wind up like "Miss Belvidere".
    The possibilities could be endless, this should be a great post!!!!!

12. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

in late 56 the 57 chevys came out so i would been back at least 200 convertible and nomads , and all the 41-46 chevy/gmc trucks and parts i could find , and some Deusenbergs, old money , buy some stocks ,1000's of Artillery wheels chevy 6 lugs , 400 32 ford 3 and 5 windows roadsters , some 55-56 chevy covertibles and nomads , some 53-57 corvettes , buy alot of land , and all the old trucks and cars i could find . Ardun heads , some hemi motors , a few 32 ford roadster trucks and some of those million tables and dresses , and a few 30-57 ford and chevy convertibles and some tuckers.thanks

13. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

33' & 34' coupes..36' 5 window...42' merc...kinmont discs..

14. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

15. 52style

52style

id bring back betty page

16. I'm with fat fink. Stock up on pretty much everything Jay Leno wants. A fuelie corvette would be sweet, a '56 Cameo Truck, '56 Nomad, and a fully loaded convertible eldorado. For parts......Every kind of obsolete flat head part out there...and.......ouch my head is going to explode. I love thinking of scenarios like this. I like to get an old car trader...flip to a random page and tell myself "If you can have one car on this page, which would it be?"

17. yes!!!!!been a thing of mine to have been able to meet this lady.......:p

18. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

marilyn monroe too!!

19. OH!!! one more thing, bring a 2009 sports Almanac back to '56 with me and make some bets. Got that idea from BIFF!!!!

20. Jupiter Zone

Jupiter Zone

I would take my Pop's hand and ask him to tell me stories, and sit with him till the stars came out.

21. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Buy up as many FI chev ragtops as the dealer could provide. Get about as many Black Widows as there were around, and ten new FI Vettes. Five 57 Olds J2 cars - 2 hdtps, and 3 convertibles. Couple of Studebaker/Packard blower cars with 4spds.

Last but not least - I'd buy about ten Cessna 195 taildraggers, and a Lockheed Electra.

you did say unlimited cash, right?

dj

22. Homemade44

Homemade44

I'm with the others that wouldn't come back, Those were the best times but I would want to keep the knowledge that I have today.

23. Jupiter Zone

Jupiter Zone

if we're talking planes I would be buying Beavers, Otters and cheap DC3's

24. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

amen!!!!

25. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Dream car: '30 Model A Coupe. Nice 3" Chop, Little Flathead mill, with a snappy '39 toploader.

Parts: 8x2 Weiand intake sitting on top of a nasty 392 Hemi.

Maybe one day..........

HC.

26. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Interesting some of you guys said you wouldn't come back. Why? Those were my high school years and I feel they were good years. Don't want to hijack my own thread but I'm curious. How about IBM stock? I'd probably bring back my 1st and 2nd cars..a Desoto powered '40 and a yellow '32 5 window.

27. PurplePearl50

PurplePearl50
    from Sedalia,Mo

I always think the smae thing.If I had a time machine first place I woud go would be 1950-1953 and stock pile every car part possible no matter what it is. I mean think about it even piss on cars from the 20-50s are getting hot rodded and kustomized today.

Id have to nose around the Barris shop and all the greats of the day and get in on some of the pictures they took. History would never be the same with me in the 50's.

Id for sure grap up some of the big money cars of the day with everthing possible.

Then I would have to go back even a little further in time to the mid 40's. I miss my Granpa so much I would love to have saw him in his 20's and been there with him in WWII if it was all possible that I wouldnt be killed. Then fallow him back to the state and then it would be over for that trip.

I could go on and on if it was possible and not be killed.
    The American Civil War really draws me in also.

28. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Older gentleman near here bought a 1926 Pierce Arrow 7 passenger limo from the original owners in the 50s for $125.00. I seen the car 4-5 years ago. it is in extremely nice never restored condition.

I would be torn between buying a truck full of Ardun heads or a shed full of 32 Ford coupe and roadsters. Maybe both:D

29. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Be great to talk to them again. Right on Dane

30. 3step

3step