Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drawing of 50 Merc Gasser...?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bone Daddy, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Missed Friday night art show but wanted to post this eye candy for you guys. Mitch from our club saw this car as a kid at a local drag strip in 64 and he finally sat down and drew it from memory as best as he could. It is a bad pic but man were they wild in the 60's or what? Has anyone else seen a gasser or altered that left an impression on you? Mitch said it change his whole out look about building cars with what you have available. Joe

Attached Files:

2. epinut

epinut

Cool drawing & cool car for sure, but it looks a lot like a shoebox Ford to me...;)

3. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Hey I know you are correct after looking at the pic, now that I think back he wasn't calling it a Merc. I think he was calling it a 50 Ford shoebox. We had been working on cars and the power tools had my ears ringing. i assumed it was a merc because he drools every time he sees one. Thanks, Joe