Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragster frames........picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Dec 21, 2007.

1. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

Was this directed towards me?

To my knowledge, YES, but I just worked on it once VERY briefly. Never had a chance to look over it like I would of liked at the track.

Images were taken from the Telstar Racing site...

These images were taken in the various EARLY stages, so things were done after the photos were taken. I do know the front half had some more work done to it after and possible other things done, but it's all hearsay coming out of my mouth. Just though I'd post some photos...

2. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I'd kinda like to see some more of the drivers bay from the side with the skin off just out of curiosity.
    Construction is definitely outside any box I'm familiar with.

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Now that you presented it that way, my guess is that you cant answer the question.
    Personally I see some issues with that design and what the spec is.The owner might get lucky and get an inspecter that can interpet the spec. or not so lucky and reads it only as black and white.

4. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

With the recent passing of Dennis Rollain, I can not ask him directly for you, but I can ask my friend who worked for him the last 10 years R&B was open. From my memory, it was built in early 2007...

If I find better pics of the back half, I'll def. post them for people...

5. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Some new dragster chassis here in St. Louis out of my place.
    This one is my new car. NHRA Legal to 6.0. But will never go that fast. My wallett isn fat enuff. It is 165" wheel base. Big Chevy and a glide. Motor will be stack injected. And done up to look like a '65 Corvette 396. This car will look period perfect with the exception of the 5pt cage.

Attached Files:

6. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Bitchin Dude!!! I'm just about ready to really mock things up on mine and finish the drawings.. Then it's time for the jig. The Beebe Bros and Sixt car is about to come back to life!

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

A 'Glide????? haha...

Looks really nice King....BBC should honk 'er pretty good....

8. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

This next one is for a guy the next town over. It is gonna be 427 Big Chevy , stack injected and powerglide. He has that motor in his rear engine dragster now and it runs 5.6s in the 1/8th mile. It is 198" wheel base.

Attached Files:

9. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Yeah, SSSShhhhh. Dont tell anyone.

But it has to be alot easier to do than the tire smoker / small chevy direct drive deal I have been playing with. Here is what happens when the ghost dont smoke the tires.

Attached Files:

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Soft White Underbelly.

11. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

And here is the latest King Chassis. It will be 175" wheel base. Blown Injected 392" Hemi. With a glide. Full body and stickered to 6.0. This car goes to Rhode Island. His name is Bob Medeiros. He has been deep in the 7s over 185 mph with the bullett going in this one.

Attached Files:

12. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Like the belly of a shark. Bill was gonna paint that 60s fingers and hand giving the peace sign in Red, White and Blue. Just for photo opps like this. But he never got to it. Damn you Bill.

13. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Cant wait. Seen your e-ink over at www.autoculture.org

14. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Well Sum Bitch!!! How fuck'n cool is that!!!! Wow... Yeah this car is gonna be groovy! thanks so much for letting me in on that deal! I will let Mr. S how cool I think it is that he did a little ditty on my stuff!!!

I promise it will be bitchin!

~Robert

15. Twisted6

Twisted6

Great looking rails guys :)

16. Beebeebobby

Beebeebobby
    from Webb City

I guess this is the thread I really need to be looking at...sheesh...took me long enough to find.:rolleyes:

17. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Well Brian, aint ya glad you chopped the oil pan down a little bit before you made that ride? The best part of that pic besides The Ghost showing off its soft white underbelly is the glazed over dopey look on Beirman's face in the backround.

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.

JW

18. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Gettin closer.

Attached Files:

19. Twisted6

Twisted6

Looking Good :) hum looks like u have 1 to many rails can i have one for my L6 LOL jk. Nice work.

20. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Dude... So Nice... Each and Everyone of your cars just has THE LOOK..... This car is so nice! Thanks for the picture of the car on the JIG. Seeing how the frame rails are sitting on there just answered a few questions for me!

Cheers,

Robert M.

21. Sweeney

Sweeney

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then being interviewed by Big himself. That is my fondest memory while sitting in that car.

22. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

OK, I could not resist posting these pics.
    The car was brazed together from steam pipe. Easy to form, but difficult to keep from flexing.
    Tom S. in Tn.

Attached Files:

23. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

Tom, is that a Kellison in your avatar photo? Some friends of mine used to race one.

Attached Files:

24. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Yes, that is in fact a Kellison. Me and those guys had a 427 high riser in it back in around 72' when we were high school kids, and I could write a book about it.
    Was your car at Crossville this past summer with an injected small block in it, and I talked to the driver about front end hop? I thought at first it was Larry Stewarts car, but was not.

Email me if you please. I seriously enjoy talking about these old cars and I have been delirious since I joined this site! I have a few more crummy old Polaroids.

I was looking around for an old high riser injector manifold the other day and came across these aluminum artifacts from an ill spent youth.
    That fuel cap came from the Kellison.

Tom S. in Tn.

Attached Files:

25. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

A quick ?question? for King Chassis; Do you lay up those spiffy Kellison type bodies there or is there a source where they are being made today. They are not some kind of NOS are they? I can not recall the last time I actually saw one.

Incidentally, it sure is refreshing to see someone fitting upchassis using new tubing to make the frame. Use all the original components, but use new materials for the frame and steering linkage.
    I see a lot of nostalgic resto projects where it looks like the original antique material is cut on, ground on and retained, despite the years of abuse from dead enders, wheelstands, bumps by the push car, motor/driveline explosions, and not to mention the field repairs from those mishaps.
    I can even recall a car where bondo had been used to cover damage from a grenaded motor one week because there was not enough time to cut the damaged rail out and repair it by the book.

Do these ever undergo sonic testing to be certified? (oops, sorry that's 2 questions....)
    Your work looks fantastic. Who did you used to build cars for? Yours look to me to have a certain Tony Casarez style about them.
    Tom S. in Tn.

26. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

[​IMG]

i love it. Why did you choose a narrow front track? And what is the front track width if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  27. B WARNKE

B WARNKE
    from MASS.

The narrow track is what the customer requested. Track width is 30" to 31".

28. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Tom I sell those bodies new. Check my site in my signature line. I have never worked for anybody else in the chassis business. And yes they are sonic tested.

29. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Here are a few photos of my latest car to leave here. Blown Injected Hemi, full floater 9" . 175" wheel base.
    [​IMG]

30. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS