Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragfest postponed!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zombie, Apr 23, 2010.

1. zombie

zombie

unfortunately, due to a 70% chance of rain all weekend the decision was made this morning to postpone dragfest. this totally sucks, but we are out of options. bakersfield has had a real wet winter this year, and we have been watching the extended forecast for several days. pop spoke with one of the meteorologists from a local news channel this morning to see exactly how sure they were, and they were pretty damn sure. we figured it would be better to postpone the race rather than have people sitting in the rain. we are coordinating a new date with the track now. i hope to have the new date by this evening, or at least sometime this weekend. we will be moving the date permenately. this is not something we want to have to consider again. as soon as i get the new date, i will post the new info.

thanks, zombie

2. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

Really sorry to hear that zombie, but thanks for the heads-up.

Mike

3. That sucks, Zombie. Il'l spread the word and the Vipers will support your next date.

4. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

Bummer!! will look forward to attending.

5. zombie

zombie

thanks guys. so far, all of the racers we've spoke to did not want a refund, just want us to hold their registration for the new date. its great that people understand we cant control the weather, but we will do all that we can to put on a great show.

z

6. Well, I must say..that sucks.

I've got nothing going on the weekend of May 22nd. That would be the best day right there..:rolleyes:

I need to call some people as soon as you know the new date...I have some out of state friends planning to come out.

7. Muttley

Muttley

May 22nd is Eagle Field. I'm so sick of rain I could puke. I'll be there, whenever it is.

8. Well then, every week in May is filled up.
    June has one open weekend. The 26th & 27th.

Theres alot of stuff going on...Dragfest is one of my favorite events..
    It will suck if I miss it due to prior commitments.

9. CRAAAAP! BIG mistake i think. It's way too far away to trust the weather report. PLUS, with almost a WEEK to worry about it, it's down to ONLY 10% chance of rain. I would've rolled the dice on no rain, instead of postponing with only a few days left for the event.....
    I just heard about it from someone at Beatnik Blowout. I doubt all involved will know not to attend. Good luck on this decision

10. Muttley

Muttley

Any news on the new date?

11. zombie

zombie

we got the available dates from the track last night. we are trying to work it around all of the other shows right now. we should know tonight.

groucho, randy said if you want to pick up the check for the rain out, we'll roll the dice. we rolled the dice last year. it rained out friday, and though it was nice on saturday, the weather man called for rain on saturday, so we lost a lot of racers, and spectators.

we have people coming from all of the country as well as out of the country. we felt the racers and spectators would rather change the date than risk sitting all weekend in the rain. this was a real tough decision. we have a lot of money wrapped up in advertising that is pretty much flushed down the toilet. it's just a big gamble, but we would rather guarentee a great race than risk a rain out. im sure next weekend will be beautiful now. thats just the way it goes.

z

12. Sorry Boss. I just wouldn't have given any concern to a forecast that far away. I hope it works out for you/us.

13. trad27

trad27

Sound like a very hard decision to make, But I am sure that now that you decided to pospone it will be a sunny weekend, lol. Just mailed out for my tickets friday too. Keep us posted

14. I was at Pomona this weekend telling the guys I know that it was postponed.
    Some guys from Sweden were coming out..

They and the rest of us would like to know the new date as soon as possible.

15. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

16. Hey! I didn't hear a lot of whining when the Mooneyes Xmas party was rescheduled. Pretty much the same deal here. Zombie and the TRK guys "Get" it about what we folk of the HAMB dig. We need these kind of events and have to roll with it. Getting the 15 Ounce Coupe guys together and up there is a big deal. Most of 'em are around 70. But, they'd say: "That's drag racing".

17. roughneck424

roughneck424

Which local weatherman you been talking to ? Miles Muzio? He used to be my favorite until this last March Meet.
    Accuweather only ones who called it right!!!
    But I dont blame ya its hell if ya do & hell if ya dont!

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/mcfarland/93250/forecast-details.asp?fday=6

18. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

it can rain all day in bakersfield as long as it is dry in famoso. word on the street is there is more to this story then a chance of rain 10 days out. i've been to the last two and had a blast. i hope it all works out it's a great event.

19. racer bill

racer bill

10 day forcast looks like perfect race weather to me!
    Let's do it Z ( if you run it they will come)

20. rooman

rooman

Zombie,
    i will throw $500 into the pot to get the event off this weekend. I have my plane ticket and my top fuel car is ready to go.

Roo

21. Mike

Mike

Rats!

Oh well, maybe I can make the Pasadena Roadster's run after all.

22. zombie

zombie

well, weather looks good. i just got off the phone with randy, and its back on for this weekend.

zombie

23. RichB

RichB

You need to update the web site ASAP. Some people don't believe it, til then.

24. zombie

zombie

they are working on it now. the decision was made about 20 minutes ago. the track only had 2 other dates available, july 9 (100 degree weather), and the weekend before hotrod reunion.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  25. Muttley

Muttley

Schweet, looking forward to this coming weekend.

26. Maybe change the title of the thread now????

27. Mike

Mike

Well, I'm glad I hadn't had a chance to cancel my hotel reservations.

See ya'll there.

28. fuck yes!!!!!

29. racer bill

racer bill

30. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

It's back on for this weekend. You got your wish Rooman...