Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Drag Week 2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Oct 11, 2019.

1. squirrel

squirrel

Hot Rod just announced the tracks and dates for Drag Week for 2020.

Sept. 13, 2020: U.S. 131 Motorsports Park, Martin MI (Tech and Registration day)
    Sept. 14, 2020: U.S. 131 Motorsports Park, Martin MI (Race Day 1)
    Sept. 15, 2020: Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk OH (Race Day 2)
    Sept. 16, 2020: Lucas Oil Raceway, Indianapolis, IN (Race Day 3)
    Sept. 17, 2020: Byron Dragway, Byron, IL (Race Day 4)
    Sept. 18, 2020: U.S. 131 Motorsports Park, Martin MI (Race Day 5, Finals Day)

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hot-rod-drag-week-2020-tracks/

Who's in?

(yes, I need to get Almost Funny back together!)

2. I cant believe they skipped the grove. either way im in.

loudbang, kidcampbell71 and Baumi like this.
  3. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I´ll be watching from here! Cool you´ll put Almost Funny back in business, Jim!

Stogy, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wish I could afford to just tag along and take photos. Not in the budget this time though.

loudbang likes this.

5. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Well seeing it is that close my buddy Gary will most likely run his 66 Lemans in it again. Maybe I can make time to cruise with him . He loves this event. But going out to the east coast did not interest him one bit. Larry

racer-x, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I should get my Chevelle done.

7. ...Oh Boy, back in our neck of the woods!,...thanks for the info Jim.

loudbang likes this.
  8. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I am currently building an off topic project that I would like to enter.

John

mad mikey, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I’ve been wanting to do this, I might try it this year. At the very least I’ll go to IRP and Byron to spectate

pitman, racer-x and loudbang like this.
  10. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I did a quick search for the entry dates but nothing came up. I know it sells out in a matter of minuets. When do they usually take the entries?

John

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  11. squirrel

squirrel

February is when registration should happen.

Sent from my Trimline

loudbang likes this.
  12. pitman

pitman

Thanks Jim.
    ^^^ Do love the scene where Burt Monroe 'shows up' at Bonneville, unregistered!
    ;) "World's Fastest Indian" 2006 release.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  13. barbara

barbara
    from wisconsin

My dad & I are in.

mad mikey, racer-x and loudbang like this.
  14. I don't know why they picked byron. It's been up for sale. The state made a offer that was turned down. The state wants to return the track to a forest. The track borders one now and they want to expand it. It's a gamble on the track being around next year. I would think the grove would have been the safer bet.

mad mikey, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  15. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

Maybe it was chosen to give publicity to the situation?

loudbang likes this.
  16. My son and I are in, we built a car for 2019 but he changed jobs and we had to postpone. All we need now is to win the registration game. ;)

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mad mikey, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. I’ll be following your shenanigans from here !

7EC60940-0F85-416E-9B38-F22E347E21B9.gif

18. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I am 100% committed to being there. I already have all my rooms booked. My Hemicoupe will be set on kill.

mad mikey, Stogy, triumph 1 and 2 others like this.
  19. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Im in booking rooms today. My Daughter is getting married in Lacrosse WI on the 19th of September, which is 10 hours away, from the finish. Not sure how I will do it but I know I can.
    Tony

mad mikey, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  20. Your close to were the ferry crosses the lake. Look into that to save time not having to go south through chicago then back north. There are two ferry's. One goes to milwaukee the other manitawalk. The milwaukee boat is faster but puts you farther south. It won t be cheap with a trailer.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Stogy and loudbang like this.
  21. RR

RR

I will have to wait till registration time to make a decision. Job is looking a little iffy. But then again, so is my health. We will see. The only thing for sure is my truck will be ready to go again (it pretty much is now).

mad mikey, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  22. go-man-go.........

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  23. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I am on the waiting list. Whatever that means. Hopefully I will get more information. It closed out in a little over 4 minuets to fill the 400 car field. My old, slow, fat, fingers did not get the job done.

loudbang likes this.
  24. I'm in. We are at the drag expo in chicago right now. My sons college room mate helps crew the car. He is a fast on the key board. He took care of business from home in Michigan. It sold out in under 4 minutes.

mad mikey, kabinenroller and loudbang like this.
  25. Looks like the hamb team took some hits. Regular competitors squirrel; mcmopar; tricky steve; barbarra; moon shine oldsmobile tracy; and a few other non hamb friends are all on the wait list. I have heard it sold out in four minutes. I was at the drag expo in chicago today and several guys were saying they didn't make it. I wonder how long the list is.
    Guys show up anyway. They say they have never turned anyone away.

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  26. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

How do you get to this wait list. I sent in the information, and I got an email reply that I was on the list, but I do not know how far down I am. I am curious to know.

loudbang likes this.
  27. After the 400 slots are full the names are added as they came in. Guys will drop out as the days go by for a number of reasons. Cars break over the summer or are not finished in time etc. They will notify you if there becomes a opening.
    The other option is to show up anyway. Guys drop out and do not notify the drag week staff. If you show up you will be placed at the end of the inspection line. When all the qualified cars are done they will fill the field from the wait list. Again not everyone from the wait list shows up increasing your chances. Every year the wait list cars that showed up all got to race. It's not guaranteed just giving you the history of the event. While its disappointing to be on the wait list it's not all lost. We hope you show up to get in.

mad mikey, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  28. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That's crazy! Looks like you could preregister if you ran at last years event, you'd be assured of a place. There's always those guys that it's a bucket list thing, do it once and they're happy and don't return.

loudbang likes this.
  29. RR

RR

I got in today. Now just to hope that my back stays happy till then.

mad mikey, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  30. squirrel

squirrel

If you placed in the top 3 in your class last year, you get to register early....the rest of us have to slug it out in the 4 minute window. I was in Phx today helping our robotics team, and didn't have my "real" computer, and discovered that a laptop just isn't what I need to cut a good light on registration. Oh well.

I'm on the wait list, probably in the 500-1000 range, but I don't care, I'll show up anyways, and see how it goes.