Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Drag week 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Dec 9, 2016.

1. squirrel

squirrel

The issue of "who gets in" is another fun one...I guess if you're just watching the racing, then you want to see the fast, exciting cars go down the strip. But if you're participating, then there is so much more going on. And you generally don't get to see too many fast cars going down the strip, because you're busy doing something else.

I was thinking this might be the year that they had to turn someone away, who showed up to race, and did not get pre registered. They currently sell out 400 slots in a few minutes when registration opens, then they put hundreds of folks who didn't get in, on a wait list. If you are on the wait list and you show up, you get to wait until all the registered folks who did show up get registered, and then they know how many wait list cars they can let in, and in order of your wait list number if there is not enough room for all of them. This year there were 387 total cars that registered, everyone who was on the wait list got in. So, if you have a fast car and want to race, you had no excuse to not be there racing--there were no slower cars keeping you out. If you had the gumption to show up, that is.

There is no way to keep everyone happy, but they're doing ok in my book.

2. regardless of how I feel about some of the things done on drag week its still the best thing going. im looking forward to dw 2018.

loudbang, egads, mad mikey and 4 others like this.
  3. Agreed! Drag Week is a one of a kind, grand event. I look forward to the ROAD drama as much as the track time. The guys that rebuilt the TH 400 in the Holiday Inn room, PRICELESS!:D

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

It's on my bucket list.
    Hope to have that car closer to the garage before long.

loudbang, els and mad mikey like this.
  5. They chose wisely to fix the trans at the hotel. It makes for the ideal place to do a major repair like that. The bath tub is a perfect parts washer and there is a endless supply of towels. If you are lucky enough to have a ground floor room its easy to pass parts back and fourth through the window.

loudbang, Nostrebor, els and 2 others like this.
  6. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

loudbang and els like this.