Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drag Racing Pictures In East Texas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1940 Willys Coupe, Oct 18, 2006.

1. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Looking for photos or film footage, 1962 thru 1969 from Whitehouse Dragstrip located in Whitehouse, TX or Interstate 20 Dragstrip located in Tyler, TX. Any leads or help would be appreciated.
    You may reach me at [email protected]

New to the website, but enjoy it very much! My two cars are a 1939 Ford Coupe that I have owned since 1963 and my 1940 Willys coupe that I have owned since 1970.

Thanks,

Gary Ratliff

2. Brad S.

Brad S.

The I-20 Dragstrip closed years ago (which I'm sure you know) and a younger guy bought about 4-5 years back.

He had built a go-cart track there and was building a dirt track when I left Tyler a few years ago. One of my techs stopped by to talk to him and he had planned on reopening that drag strip.

We were running our office out of the old Continental Drilling yard just down the street from that strip. We would run our four wheelers out of the back gate and run down that strip.

It looks like he sold it becuase now there's a business built along the old strip and the strip is an access road now.