Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag Crosley

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Feb 17, 2017.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Drag Crosley

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    HEMI32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. From the time I found a Lloyd while rabbit hunting in the sage brush near Bend, Oregon in the mid 60s, I wanted one or so I thought. I happened to find one on the HAMB classifieds in Michigan one day. I had been planning a Lloyd build since the 60s and it was only 500 bux so I bought it and paid Ben D another 500 to deliver it. I parked it behind my privacy fence under a huge pin-oak tree for 10 years...never did a thing to it and it rusted badly, parked over moist ground.
    I finally placed an ad on Craigs list and had to talk a blue streak to get $250 for it! This is it on the new owner's trailer....
    lloydontrailer.jpg

Surfcityrocker and J.Ukrop like this.
  3. flamingokid

flamingokid

s-l1600.jpg I've collected antique radios for the last 35 years or so and I've owned many Crosley radios from the Art Deco era and have many of the "dashboard" style in my collection. I've owned many of their appliances,including a refrigerator,but sadly,never any of their cars.Someday......

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  4. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I've been following the "Kami-Crosley" build mainly because the name was so clever. I love the concept of shoving 10 lbs of awesome drivetrain into the five pound sack of a Crosley body. That Lloyd would have made a neat racer as well. good times...

5. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Here's one that ran out of Tacoma, Wa. Buick Powered ! 2012-07-23 153459.jpg

Gabe Fernando likes this.
  6. Gabe Fernando

Gabe Fernando

Looking at the cars in the background & the phone#, kind of establishes some sort of time frame. I think that Crosely for that time period is a pretty 'snazzy' looking machine. Well proportioned and almost looks like a manageable wheel base.