Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Gary Cagle--1961 Fremont or Half Moon. Polished blower, so it was probably borrowed. NEWHOUSE 61 DRAGSTER.jpg

2. Great shot! Just thought it needed a little clean-up and a bit of tweaking to bring back some of the original color. :cool:

Fueler67867_n.jpg

3. Jack Ditmars.

Deuces and 427 sleeper like this.
  4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Lived in Hays as a young guy before we shipped off to Germany.
    This picture must be from Great Bend.

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  5. hipojoe

hipojoe

My Dads good friend Worked at ERNIES camera the owner was Ernie Alvarado, he owned a car named the Shutterbug and I dont think it was Tommys car, but I could be wrong. I was told it was driven by WILD Bill Alexander. Any pictures or info would sure light up POPS memory bank. Thanks in advance!

6. Fordors

Fordors

Tom did drive the car at some point, but yes, it was owned by Alvarado. The Shutterbug was most notable for being one of the few cars that beat Greer, Black & Prudhomme with Alexander at the wheel.

7. yellow dog

yellow dog
    from san diego

Shutterbug was an absolute standout as far as looks when it was painted black. I remember Ivo
    driving at this point at Lions. The old school between-the-rounds maintenance was pretty minimal
    (adjust the valves, cooldown water, timing, etc). I can still here my buddy saying look at the inside of their valve covers.....if not polished they sure sparkled gold even in minimal light at night. I guess it was later painted red......always a top performer, but stunning when in black

bchctybob and loudbang like this.
  8. A young Shirley Muldowney sitting in a mid-year Corvette...
    [​IMG]

9. Pulsator turned into a snow mobile...who knew?
    [​IMG]

EVL401, bchctybob, echo ed and 5 others like this.
  10. Shirley with her gas dragster...
    [​IMG]

11. Frank Cannon/Hustler V...the FIRST set of zoomie headers...within weeks they were everywhere!
    [​IMG]