Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Not sure about this one but it looks right!
    [​IMG]

2. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

This car won Indy in 1961 I believe and today after being completely restored is owned by Ron Norman who also has in his collection a few K.S. Pittman cars, a few of Jack Merkels old Willy's car along with many others including Stone, Wood's and Cooke cars. The Bee Line Automotive shop was located on the corner of West Avenue in Stamford, CT. for years.

loudbang and ME.GASSER like this.
  3. 296ardun

296ardun

This might be Alan Bockla at Rocky Mountain Dragway, around '68. I think that Alan was the first to break 200mph in Colorado, where the altitude is a challenge. He started off with a Chevy-powered modified roadster and moved up to fuel dragsters, always a hard runner.

loudbang and hendelec like this.
  4. Great pic . Do you know who the drivers is Gary ? It's the same helmet my Dad had before he painted it and the face mask looks just like his . I'm not for a fact sure it is him

loudbang likes this.
  5. I do not know who this is, sorry.

Michelle Essman Carls likes this.
  6. I think it is Gary here is his white helmet in indy the goggles look the same and the way he had his fire mask on also . I showed my Mom she kept thinking it could be Maxwell's dragster she's not sure

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  7. thehazguy

thehazguy

8. thehazguy

thehazguy

9. chase knight

chase knight

(Obviously) Buster hoisting Big, but celebrating the first 200 MPH run in Florida at Master Field in the fall of 1964. Regards, Chase

loudbang and falcongeorge like this.
  10. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

The Leffler Bros coupe made a swing to the west coast in 1959-60. He raced at a lot of the local strips. Here is a compilation of this run through several of the places where I filmed the drag races. It was an impressive coupe to say the least…

Jnaki

11. 296ardun

296ardun

Great video as always, looks like he is racing Jerry Card at Bakersfield, here is a picture of his Fiat competition coupe, from Don Ewald's site.

Jeery-Card.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    kiwijeff, loudbang, thehazguy and 2 others like this.
  12. Down South Racer

Down South Racer

1965 NHRA World Finals in Stock Eliminator,"Spider Spanakos in the Chevrolet vs. Doug Kahl in the Plymouth.Kahl won.

loudbang, thehazguy and enloe like this.
  13. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Dave,
    Is this the same coupe back in 1959 at Lions?
    Jnaki

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  14. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    I have been trying to identify this black coupe at Lions forever. If it is, yahoo...if it is not, then who is it?
    Jnaki