Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dr Phil's 57 Chevy found at chop shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jcapps, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

They found Dr Phils 57 Chevy along with 14 other cars at a chop shop here in the San Fernando Valley
    They should hang these guys, like they hung horse thieves

A stolen vintage car owned by famed talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw has been recovered in the San Fernando Valley early Tuesday morning.
    At 7:25 A.M., investigators recovered the 1957 Chevy Bel Air, detectives with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department confirmed.
    “Detectives assigned to the Taskforce for Regional Autotheft Prevention, commonly known as TRAP, have been targeting auto theft rings involved in the thefts of classic automobiles. Detectives were aware that suspects have been burglarizing vehicle repair shops and stealing classic vehicles throughout the Los Angeles County area,” said Detective Jess Corral.
    “Since the theft of Dr. Phil’ McGraw’s classic 1957 Chevy Bel Air, detectives have been conducting covert operations and inspections of businesses throughout the County. Detectives have recovered and identified fourteen stolen classic vehicles where the identifying numbers had been switched to avoid being identified as stolen. Five additional classic vehicles are still in the process of being identified. Numerous suspects have been arrested and the investigation is ongoing,” Corral said.
    Using various investigative techniques, TRAP detectives have identified one of the classic vehicles recovered as belonging to Dr. Phil McGraw. The 1957 Chevy Bel Air has minor body damage and is in good condition.
    The Taskforce for Regional Autotheft Prevention (TRAP) was established in 1993 under the direction of the Countywide Criminal Justice Coordination Committee (CCJCC) with the Sheriff designated as the Regional Coordinator. The taskforce consists of regional investigative teams from various law enforcement agencies in Los Angeles County. TRAP’s mission is to reduce the incidents of auto theft countywide by coordinating a deterrence, investigation, and prosecutorial program with all criminal justice agencies, and private sector business leaders.
    Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact Lieutenant Greg Jones at (626) 572-5620. If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call “Crime Stoppers” by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.
    –Source Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great news! Always good when a member of someones family is found.

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's great! I hope everyone gets their car back.

4. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

Why was the shop not identified? (Don't tell me all that bullshit about the thieves' civil rights and innocent until proven guilty, blah, blah, blah.) Good work by the cops.

5. kennkat

kennkat

Bottom line though is this is a "simple auto theft" and like our Pets, our Classic Cars have no rights... so these BASTARDS will never get what they deserve........ in my opinion.

6. Great news . Hope the SOB's get a car as the judge that sentence them!

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"So, let me ask you this. How did you feel when you put the hot wrench to my 57 chevy... Mr. Crook ?"

8. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

The news just broke...........the shop may not have a name........usually chop shops do not. Although they busted a hot rod shop near here in Santa Clarita a few years ago. And named names and the shop.

BTW that shop is still in business........even though caught red handed

9. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

I vote for Jay Leno as the judge these guys should have to face. Let's see staked to the street and the car owners get to do burnouts! That would make a great TV show compared to the reality stuff that's on there now.

10. kennkat

kennkat

"So, how's that working for you?"

11. “Since the theft of Dr. Phil’ McGraw’s classic 1957 Chevy Bel Air, detectives have been conducting covert operations "

So they had to wait till some hi profile person had their car swiped till they got off there ass to do some work. :rolleyes:

Oldmics

I am glad they busted the ring.

12. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

They should hang them by the nuts and cover them with honey and red ants until the maggots take over...

13. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

"Taskforce for Regional Autotheft Prevention, commonly known as TRAP"
    Sign me up Dude, I would do that job for free. Well, only if I don't have to explain the mysterious disappearance of said thieves.
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

14. AmericanPinups

AmericanPinups
    from Dallas, TX

Car was valued at over 100-thousand dollars according to initial print reports.

15. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

"You haaave to stop stealing cars."

16. Malarky

Malarky

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Can't stand dumpster juice sucking worthless lowlife fucking thieves....they need an exit wound?

18. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

send a posse out to round em up and hang em high

19. jimn3d

jimn3d

I like the idea of tying them to a tree and then let the owners of the car come by and kick them in the nuts over and over until they get tired. Then prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law..

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I was going to say something about how it seems more effort gets put into finding cars of someone like Dr. Phil than an average Joe, like our Hot Turkey 32 coupe, but I won't put a negative into the good news of finding so many cars in that one spot. The police did a good job there, now if some bleeding heart judge doesn't slap them on the wrist justice will be served.

Don

21. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Glad that these cars were found, and hopefully reunited with their owners. Personally, I'm not a fan of physically hurting the thieves. That's pretty barbaric and puts us beneath their level, imo. Locking them up for a just term is OK though, or better yet community service.

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

23. Glad to see one of these rings is shut down.
    Unfortunately, I think it's like the rule of mice.
    If you see one, you have ten.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  24. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Occasionally the System works, now if the Court System will only follow through,
    and serve the Justice that is due.
    But, not holding my breath...

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The shop won't be identified until the prosecutors have all the details in order and charges are filed. At least that is the usual procedure.

The good thing with Dr Phil's 57 in that batch of cars is quite possibly enough pressure will be put on the prosecuting attorney's office to pursue the depth and breadth of the thefts by that group of thieves. In the end it might solve a few thefts of cars that have been subjects of stolen car threads on here.

26. A Boner

A Boner

With the value of classic cars, you would think that they would be sentenced to long prison terms. Bet they won't.

27. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

This is going to sound barbaric to many, but we need to stop bad people from giving some dumb ass judge an excuse to go free. I think we can cure some of the states problems. One lower the inmate population, increase the fishing population and do this very cheaply. Rent a boat, 100 footer with a tree chipper and a 55 gallion drum of .22 lr. Drive the boat around the Channel Islands, put a 22 behind the ear of the bad guy and use ther tree chipper for what it was designed for. Shredding disgarded garbage. I know this is cruel to some but every cancer that has invaded my body the doctor removes it and distroys the bad cells. I will leave this post even though I know I'm gonna get a ship load of crap for it, but it's the way I feel about thiefs. Absolutly no simpithy for the truely hard core stupid people that walk and take what belongs to others.

28. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Look you never know who is on this forum. I mentioned another shop that was raided and caught with cars and parts and they are still in operation. Still facing legal issues but in business nonetheless. Actually saw a vehicle that belonged to them at the Ventura show. I am pretty positive they are a member here.
    Again as for mentioning the name of the shop where Dr Phils car was found, they have no issue with mentioning it as they mention others all the time. But the chop shop may be just that, a nameless business operating in a building or a residence.

Last year there was a story where a shop in LA was raided and they found a car covered in dust that had been stolen 20 years earlier in another state.

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

there was a show on a while back where somone called the cops when cut up pieces of cars started showing up in the dumpster. this was a condominium complex where they all had a garage. dumbass was parting stolen cars out and cutting them up and putting the rest in the dumpster where he lived.

30. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.