Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Down draft tube,348-409

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Sep 26, 2022.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I think it was here on the HAMB someone posted part numbers for grommet and P C V to replace DD tube. I bought one, missed placed it and cant remember part numbers .Anybody have those?
    Gettin old folks!!

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They list on E-Bay for $46 55-67 Chevrolet V8 crankcase vent fitting. I’m pretty sure they would be the same as any Chev V8 that had the can in the lifter valley. The PCV valve replacement for 60’s engines that came stock with PCVsystems is a V100 and screws into a 90* fitting at the rear of the carb.
    The “teapot” looking device that took the place of the road draft tube had a center screw and a hose fitting. The hose went between it and the valve. Rocker arm covers in that era, 1961 to maybe 1966 had no vents. The oil fill tube was the vent and had a cap with a hose to the air cleaner to have a closed system.

Personal opinion but I think a screw in PVC valve gives a way better look when bring back an engine with the internals where you can do it. I’ve used them on my Y-Block and the GMC 6 in my sons 40 Chevrolet and both have multiple carburetors.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  3. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Dr 409 in Wisc. carries those in his catalog.

4. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

One example for a '67 Camaro...Also similar for '65 Malibu's....

vent.jpeg