Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dough Boy's Intro to the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dough Boy, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Dough Boy

Dough Boy

Well I think it's time for me to do my introduction to all you fine people. I have been a car enthusiast sense, well it's been so long I can't reminder. I know it was way before I could ever drive. My dad was in the Air Force and we were at the pool on base and I saw a black 1970 Mach 1 and I said to myself I want one, I think I was twelve. I know it's not H.A.M.B. friendly but I'm a sucker for any car with great lines. As I've grow older I have come from the dark side to also enjoy the finer things in life. Our family now has 1941 Ford Deluxe Convertible which the kids call the bouncy seat car. They love for me to take their friends for rides around town and I think it pretty cool too.
    I have been enjoying all the different forums that the H.A.M.B. has to offer and have been learning a lot of good stuff. My profession has been in the restaurant industry for more then 30 years. The last couple of years I have been wanting to do a mobile pizza kitchen with a COE truck. I wanted to do the two things I love to do together, car shows and making pizza. What would be cooler then to make some pizza for some hungry car guys and gals and enjoy all the cool cars. So a few months ago I was lucky to find a 1947 Ford COE in great shape. So the project has started, and thanks to the H.A.M.B. members and forums I have already got some great ideas and a good start. I'm sure that the H.A.M.B. will be a great place for help and information for a successful build.
    My avatar is a drawing I did of what I hope the finish truck will look like. Also big fan of the Friday Night Art Show.

Thank You All

2. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Welcome. Sounds like you have a great idea. I have seen a Coffee unit on the back of a 32 Pickup here. Even tows a Gen Set in a matching trailer.

3. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

4. 56FRLN

56FRLN

Welcome from St. Louis. Neat idea for the truck. Make sure you start a build thread on it.

5. Welcome from the coast of SC

6. Dough Boy

Dough Boy

Haven't started a official build thread yet, but have posted pictures of what I have done so far on my members page. Hope to start my build thread next month.

7. b-bop

b-bop

Welcome Dough Boy, glad to see you have also found the COE group. Make sure you get that build thread going, can't wait to see this one get going