Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Doug Lindow 29 Roadster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by mcbay, Feb 6, 2014.

1. mcbay

mcbay

Anyone know this car or Doug Lindow from Los Alamitos?

Attached Files:

2. If this is the same Doug I know he has a shop in Los Alamitos and he did my rear axle housing some years back and had a couple of Hot Rods in his shop.

Frenchy

3. Might be the same Doug Lindow that I raced against in 1/4 midgets in the late 50's.

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Yes, I know Doug Lindow of Lindow Engineering in Los Alamitos, CA. He built that car in the 80's and sold it to a fellow in Monterey or somewhere up the coast. I believe he was a Ford dealer. He used to stay at our hotel every year in P-Town. He, Doug, is still alive (late 80's) and building cars. He is very talented. I haven't seen the car is several years. What would you like to know?

5. mcbay

mcbay

Thanks for the replies. Kirk White owned the car and was very impressed with it. My interest is in the Hallock style wind shield. We have been doing research on the Hallock and Grey windshields. At first it looked to be a Grey but I believe it to be variant of the Hallock. Only seen this one photo but it looks to be very tasty....I would like to meet this man and see this car.