Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Double tie rod end RHD

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by pooch2, Oct 2, 2015.

1. pooch2

pooch2
    from Australia

RHD with tie rod under split wishbone.

With this on the left hand side steering arm, it looks wrong.

I can see this fitting on the right hand arm under, or the left arm on top .

On the left arm under, the kink is going forward and it puts the drag link on an awkward angle and the kink part hits the wishbone on full lock left.

Is one with a kink the other way available ?

Also have a socal 4 inch drop axle which appears to be new and unused, but the perch bolts I bought are .684 in diameter and they are a sloppy fit in perch hole by about .010 .

Also they are too short to fit lower bolt on shock mounts to .

The axle is 2 1/4 inch boss, again, do they make longer ones, or just short ones to fit a 2 inch perch ?

Last rod show, I felt under a couple of rods with 2 1/4 axles with bolt on shock mounts and typically, their nuts were only half on the thread.

Is this all the junk we can buy now ?

upload_2015-10-3_2-50-16.png

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

It's common for guys to use a split wishbone nowadays made from a '37 and up wishbone. They have thicker bosses, and would thus require a longer perch. And then to add the bolt-on lower shock mount under that would make it even worse.

Check with the manufacturer before buying to see if their perch product will fit all these thick parts.