Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dorman Product Source

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geoking, Nov 15, 2010.

1. geoking

geoking

If you get tired of the local counter guy not being able to find your Dorman part, join the club. I needed double ended studs for my 354 exhuast manifolds and went through the effort to look the part numbers up on line on the Dorman site as I new the parts store folks would struggle.
    Armed with the correct part numbers , I went to Advanced as well as Oreilly's and got a deer in the headlight look from the counter guy at both places. "We dont have a number that matches."

It look a little effort but found the following folks:
    LBC Autoparts Warehouse: 1 800 382 1322

First of all they were Friendly, secondly they were able to check Dorman factory stock and then take my order and have shipped the same day.

Ahhhh, service and someone who gets it!

Regards,
    George

2. lawman

lawman

I have had the same problem around here also !!!! Thanks for the info.
    Tom (Tired Old man)

3. squirrel

squirrel

I don't have that problem, the local parts store gave me a Dorman catalog about 15-20 years ago, I look up the number, call them, and they order the parts.

4. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

I usually look my part numbers up before I go anyplace & I still get the deer in the headlights look occasionally. "What year is that for?"

5. joe_padavano

joe_padavano

I even bring a screen print and I still have that problem. RockAuto also sells Dorman products. Note that you can download PDFs of the Dorman catalogs from their website. You wouldn't believe the wide array of little parts that they sell. Their wheel stud catalog alone is worth the download time.

6. geoking

geoking

I needed a new caliper for my 48 coupe with Mustang II front end. It is the large diameter / Big GM one from a truck. I ask the guy for one and it asks me for the year of my car. I tell him that will not help. He basically keeps pushing and I tell him a 1948 Ford. He looks at me after a moment of typing and informs me that they do not have a listing for a 1948 with disk brakes. ARRRGH!

7. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

www.rockauto.com is pretty good too.

I have a decent relationship with a couple of the counter guys at O'Reilly and went to get a pilot bearing recently, had the p/n with me so I didn't think we'd have to play the game but he insisted...

counter: "What year?"

me: "1950"

counter: "What engine"

me: "5.3L"

counter: "Ok, nevermind, what transmission?"

me: "NP833, overdrive 4 speed, 1984 Chevrolet C20"

counter: "What was the part?"

me: "LS7 pilot bearing, 2005 GTO"

counter: "Holy Sh** Dude!"

me: "Jason (the counter guy), that's why I don't come in when you're busy." :D