Register now to get rid of these ads!

Door Stricker plate 51 chev pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frist State Hillbilly, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Frist State Hillbilly

Frist State Hillbilly
    from dover de.

I have a problem with the stricker plates on truck. I just bought it and the doors don't stay closed. The driver side is not to bad but the left side only is held by the saftey latch. When I close the door the stricker plate does not seem to trip the door latch. I have checked the latches and they seem to be ok. I belive someone put new stricker plates on and I have no ideal where they come from. Any help you can give would help. Thre truck is a 51 chev that has the pull down handles. what is the difference in a 51 and 52 when it comes to the doors.

2. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

There is no diff between a 51 and a 52 as far as the striker plate is concerned. Maybe they are installed wrong. There's a Driver side and a passenger side and if you switch them the door won't catch like you said it is doing. If its on right, the top point should be like a "U" shape and the bottom point should be ramp like.

3. Frist State Hillbilly

Frist State Hillbilly
    from dover de.

When I shut the pass door it will only stay closed with the safety latch. I belive the plate is not triping the latch it self. I triped the latch and it will only move when I pull the handle. I talked to lmc and they list different stricker plates for a 51 and a 52

4. They changed door strikes in 52'. There is a difference. You probably have the wrong ones.