Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Door prizes at cruise ins what do like?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastcar1953, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Nostrebor

Nostrebor
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Attended a show in Ottawa, KS a few weeks ago where the drawing prizes were just huge. Suspension parts, welders, $5k in cash, an LS3... I don't know how they draw that level of sponsorship, but they certainly kept a crowd for the drawing.

I'm not a door prize needer... just give us a decent place to hang out, keep the doowop music turned down real low, and make the event as laid back as possible.

Tri-power37 and wicarnut like this.
  2. Joe_dirt1

Joe_dirt1

id be happy with just coffee and dounuts

WB69, wicarnut, INVISIBLEKID and 3 others like this.
  3. jazz1

jazz1

Always a box or two of Persians to be won at cruise night. Club also does a weekly 50/50 draw at cruise night. I won once, the only time I have ever won anything at cruise night. ONCE!!
    A Thunder Bay Persian
    [​IMG]

raven, Joe_dirt1 and wicarnut like this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:cool:

5. A local club use to host a cruise-in at the Texas Road House and they usually gave everyone that came a gift certificate for a appetizer and a couple of meals as door prizes. HRP

wicarnut and hotrodharry2 like this.
  6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Zoar, Ohio

Gift card to restaurants.
    Man you guys are slipping.

IMG_3186.gif

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a show in the S.F. Bay area back in the mid-'70s. I remember some short-haired tall guy with a thin beard winning a bundle of welding rod.
    He was looking around at everyone near, "What IS this?"
    My cool hot rod friends and I were chuckling, finally started a small auction...Gary bid $4, I bid $5...Got it up to $9, a customer of mine won. The guy was puzzled, but thanked us.
    The customer came in a coupla days later and gave me the welding rod. LOL
    I used it, too. (3/32" oxy-acet. Better than coat hanger!

wicarnut likes this.
  8. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

A hand job or a wax job ! I’m sorry I couldn’t resist . Something useable , sometimes it’s a pedicure ! WTH , I’m I goin to do with a pedicure ? !!!

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Every year, there's a rodder in Louisville, Kentucky that holds a party on Friday night during the NSRA Street Rod Nationals. Boyd Coddington used to supply most of the door prizes with most being various items from the Coddington garage with the Grand Prize always being a set of Boyd wheels. After Boyd passed naturally that was the end of the Coddington prizes. The year after Boyd passed, guess who was the winner of the Grand Prize? Thats right it was Me. I'm still using that Grand Prize an LED drop light. Probably the best door prize I've ever won.
    Pretty much the story of my life. A day late and a dollar short.

Boneyard51 and wicarnut like this.
  10. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

The best door prize I have ever won was a brand new electric Weed Wacker. Sounds kinda odd, but my wacker had just bit the dust.

wicarnut likes this.
  11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I don't need no stinking door prizes.

Tri-power37 and scrap metal 48 like this.
  12. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I'm not with the others on gift certificates. I've traveled to out of town shows and won a gift certificate but cant use it because it's usually Sunday and I probably will not get back to that town anytime soon. The one gift certificate I did win that I thought was nice was a $25 fuel card, it filled the tank so I could head home. Just my two cents

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  13. chevy57dude

chevy57dude

[​IMG]
    We all need this. It will get used.

14. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Nothing.. I wish I could go somewhere where hot rodders just come to mingle and talk.. All the other stuff is just bullshit..

15. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Well i came up with some stuff. Three decent gifts. Cruise will last around 2 hours or so. I thought three drawings would be enough. I am planning a semi private party for my friends at a later date. Leaving the bs behind. I just hope to bring more new people to the group.

TrailerTrashToo and wraymen like this.
  16. Door prize ideas for some of the above posters , Quaaludes, ear plugs and a Do Not Disturb Sign.;)

chevy57dude and Boneyard51 like this.
  17. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I won a forty of Canadian Club and funny thing I suddenly became very popular and returned home after the show with an empty bottle. I Put it on the shelf with the rest of the trophies.

wicarnut and Boneyard51 like this.
  18. Bugguts

Bugguts

I won this cool refrigerator as a door prize 2 weeks ago. It was the big prize. Also won a trophy. Anyone who won a trophy recieved a $50 bill also! It was a good day.
    The show cost $20 which all went to the local EMTs. 20190921_142700.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  19. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Wicarnut, you just hit the nail on the head! I started a car show through our benevolent club benefiting a local charity here two years ago.I was chairman and my wife and I ended up doing all the work! Advertising, selling sponsorships, having the tee shirts made, having the trophy’s made, finding judges, arranging food and parking. Had special Tee shirts made up for workers and they got them free. On the day of the show, we were working our tails off, walked into the club, everyone at the air conditioned bar was wearing a “ workers” tee shirt!..... then after our show, of 45 cars and $2700 donated to our charity....... everybody talked about how successful “ our “ car show was! Next year I refused to be chairman...... no car show.
    Well, that’s my rant!

Bones

Nostrebor and wicarnut like this.
  20. Well....... From past experience....... Something car related of course! BUT- hand's on, and given to the winner on the spot. Gift certs are ok , IF the donate'r stands up........= Just the case here= Won an oil change, and when I showed up, all was cool. When I said I had a gift cert= all changed, and they didn't have time.........
    Not everyone is local to any show. If they win something, it should be something to bring home on the spot, not have to go out and seek........just an OP.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  21. 54BOMB

54BOMB

All I’d want is a ice cold beer and a good heartfelt handshake

Boneyard51 likes this.
  22. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Ice cold beer = easy , heartfelt anything ,= not so much....

23. topher5150

topher5150

To bad it wasn't a bag of 10mm sockets

raven, arkiehotrods and Boneyard51 like this.
  24. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

that would be a good gag prize. most of us lose them when needed on our everyday beaters.

25. WB69

WB69

Winner!!

26. raven

raven

Cash is king.
    Just saying...
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.