Register now to get rid of these ads!

door hinge pin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54 savoy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. 54 savoy

54 savoy

my bottom driver side door pin appears to be broken or rusted out now my door rubs the fender,does anyone know what i can fabricate to make a new one,a long bolt or something,1954 plymouth savoy four door,thank you.and yes i did a search,lol.

2. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

Hi there, remove the door and see if the pin is one of the long type,not 2 little riveted types,leave the hinge attached to the car,makes it easier to align the door later,remove whats left of the old pin and take it to a body shop supply store,they usually have a box of different pins and bushings,you may get lucky and find one that fits,what i do is find a pin and bushing that is close,then you drill out the stationary part to accept a bushing,then you make sure the pin is tight in the hole of the other part of the hinge,I am not the best teacher,but you should be able to get an idea as to what i mean?.it will take some searching but you should be able to fix it pretty easy. Harvey

3. 54 savoy

54 savoy

thanks Harvey,guess i do need to go get it apart and see whats going on.