Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Door glass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Colemire, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Where can I get 2 door glass for a 28 chevy 2 door sedan? I need a back glass but it would be easy to make a pattern for and have one cut. Also, what interchanges on these old cars? Friend of mine has a 31 ford coupe and there is a lot of things that look similar. It seems to be really hard to find stuff for these chevies.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. manyolcars

manyolcars

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some of the old been there forever and then some auto glass shops might still have the flat glass patterns on rolls that they had back in the day. I'd say nothing is going to interchange between brands.
    The other thing might be to snag a sheet of 1/4 masonite at the lumber yard or box store and cut out your own patterns that after being sanded and fitted slide up and down smoothly inside the new felt channels you put in. I figure I am going to have to do that on the chopped and extended doors on my cab for my truck when I get that far.
    Still just about everyone who buys from Auto City glass has great things to say about them and their prices aren't that bad but shipping might cost a bit.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

5. 29moonshine

29moonshine

28 &9 chevy fit. bow tie reproduction has some parts and sheet metal