Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical door glass rollers

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Steady Freddy, Jan 26, 2021.

Tags:
?
  1. great

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. great

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Steady Freddy

Steady Freddy

Hi guys, on my 55 ford wagon whats the trick or secret to getting the glass rollers into the track on the bottom of the door glass and so the clip is not in the way off sliding it onto the studs on the winder arms .. I have new ones , look exactly the same but for the life of me I cant seem to grasp it , any help would be appreciated thanks in advance Fred

2. TCATTC

TCATTC

On the trucks you put the roller with the clips on them in the channel and then snap the regulator arms in them. The cars may be the same.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  3. Steady Freddy

Steady Freddy

thanks that makes more sense that they snap on thanks again

4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I just did a set of windows in my 54 Country Squire, what a pain in the ass!
    I kept the stock crummy rollers, just because I'm cheap, I dropped the windows into the door (s), and turned them sideways, to do this I had to move the chrome runner for the quarter windows and wind wings. Then I had catch the glide wheel just on the track, by shoving the window frame up at an angle to catch it you must 'split' the wheel and not hook the springs . Once it was on they didn't come off,,, make sure you lube with a bunch lilth grease
    Hope this helped a little,,,,

5. Steady Freddy

Steady Freddy