Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dont you hate using sick days....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jay, Feb 12, 2007.

1. jay

jay

To be sick!! I have been down with the flu for the last 4 days....what kills me the most is using the days for their real reason....sick....not rustitus....or tin huntingitus....play with the hot rod fever....just plain old cant move or ya puke sick...at least i got to the computer today

2. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

You suck.. We dont get sick days where i work....
    Dave
    ps: get well soon

3. hoof

hoof

I was off sick once. Ya once, in 11 years.
    Hope ya feel better soon,
    CHAZ

4. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I used to go in no matter what - then if I called in sick - they thought I must be dying. Yea dying to get something done on the car!!!

5. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

:eek: :eek: Whats a sick day??????????

6. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope you are better soon.

I have a feeling I'll be sick on Thursday - need to fit the harneses, tach, shifter and a few other things to get the coupe ready to race Saturday at the Nostagia Drags. :)

7. ScapeGoat

ScapeGoat
    from Canada

The only sick days I've heard of is....If your sick for 3 days in a row thats three strikes and yer fired!

8. hippie6

hippie6

What the hell is a sick day?? I'm sick of work every day I go in. If I don't show up I don't get paid. I called in sick the day before a holiday and even lost my holiday pay. Next time I'll go in and make them sick too!!

9. fuzzface

fuzzface

I wish I could get sick days but then I guess I need a job first. Get well soon Jay. Steve

10. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

hope ya feel better...
    I worked at a place once where they figured in your sick days into your total package cost of what the company paid for you to work there. I felt it was my duty to use those sick days since they did not roll over and it was part of my pay figure they showed me each year.

11. jay

jay

I'm glad that the job i have now i have sick days...i had a couple of jobs that if you didnt show up you didnt make any money....just hate to use them being sick...i would rather use them to work on my cars..or go play...course i tell the boss i'm really sick when its time for the Rumblers show in Albq...He caught on to my sick days long ago...But he came by and brought me a 7 up today...told me he was worried when he didnt see me messing around with my toys.

12. No shit. Whats a sick day?

13. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Use every sick day, building up a load of sick days is not worth it. Where I used to work you could save up your sick days and they would pay 1 for 2 up to $12,000.00 when you retired. When I left I had to work one evening the last week so I would get a full pay check. I have no regrets about using all MY time. A day when you are young is worth 2 when you are old.

14. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I disagree ...
    when I had my heart attack ... I was out of work for 3 months ... never missed a paycheck ... cause I HAD SAVED up my sick days ...
    :)

Your results may vary ...:rolleyes:

15. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

The place I work gives you a total of personal time off days (number depends on how long you've been there). These amount to paid vacation days. If you call in sick, you lose a vacation day. And we can cash out half of those vacation days every year.
    So, friend at work is sick a couple weeks ago, but doesn't want to "lose" any time. He comes in and "toughs it out," giving me his cold. I was sick last week. I NEVER get sick. I stayed home Friday, but didn't want to lose any more of those valuable days, so I kept coming in too. Now the two coworkers I spend the most time around are getting sick.

You would think that bosses would realize it's in their best interested to make sure that employees that are sick STAY HOME, rather than have them come in, spread germs, make others sick and put productivity into the basement.

But "Penny wise/Pound Foolish" is the old saying. I should have stayed home three days and gotten better. Instead, I stayed home the one day I felt like someone scraped me off their shoe, and spread germs the other days. Oh well.

Brad