Register now to get rid of these ads!

Don't ya hate when old hot rodders clean out their sheds...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, May 3, 2010.

1. Especially when they bring their old "junk" to the shop and try to peddle it off on me....

As if I would want this junk.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pfftt... crusty old papers
    [​IMG]

Well they can't be that great if no one in the last 50 years could be bothered to put them on anything
    [​IMG]

That doesnt say Brodex, why would I use those? hell there isnt even anywhere for my valve covers to bolt to.
    [​IMG]

Yep, old junk....
    [​IMG]

He also dropped off some Sharp heads, but I think their repops, also never been installed.
    And a set of 59A fenton headers, never been installed, but he just got them ceramic coated thinking they would sell better!!!!:eek::confused:

Well I guess one mans junk, has now become my junk.
    I love junk, especially junk found in old hot rodders sheds:D:D

2. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Pretty damn cool if you ask me.How often does one find NOS Edmunds heads of any kind??.Now put those suckers to use & not on the wall like I do.

3. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Same here........:eek:

4. WOW!!!!! All I ever get is old radios....

5. When I built the flatty for my AV8 i had edmunds heads for it, but they were eroded to bad to use so I have offy's on it now. So at first I was all excited I can have edmunds heads again, but now after looking at them for a few days, in the original box still, I cant do it. I just can't. Their only NOS once...
    Their going in my display case to collect dust for the next 50 years, then I'll sell them and retire.

I've got my fair share of old radios also, some really cool, some really lame...

6. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

7. rodger6494

rodger6494

Well,if you just hate to be burdened with all that stuff,I'll take it off your hands,so you don't have to look at it anymore.Now,no need to thank me.I'm glad to do you a favor.

8. Last month I was buying some parts from an old timer. He has a set of Edmunds new in box too. The paper stuffing in the box is from 1954.

too cool. I'd have a hard time putting them on anything too.

9. HotRod33

HotRod33

I guess you felt sorry for him..... I bet you told him nobody use's that junk anymore because nobody run's a flathead anymore....RIGHT...?

10. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'd love to have those Edmunds to run on my flathead!

11. nutajunka

nutajunka

Probably just worth there weight in scrap, right? :D

12. 1930roadster

1930roadster

i never get that, i get real junk. no fair!

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

14. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Yeah scrap gold!

15. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Isnt that an oxymoron? Scrap gold?
    .55 a pound for cans here. Probably get .60 for those.
    Heck I dont even have a flat head(?) but I'll give ya $20.

16. Says that the freight delivery was for 18 pieces !! What was the rest of the order ?? And you always want to keep an old hot-rodder on your friend list just in case they have a cool stash !! And the stories they can tell are usually priceless !!! >>>>.

17. (Charlton Heston voice)- DAMNNNN YOUUUUUU! LOL Awesome score and aint it good to have friends?

18. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn!!!

-Jeremy

19. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Well I'll be damned. When he came up to me at the swap he asked if the 3x2 flathead intake was for a chevy. He then went on to say he had all this old flathead speed stuff in his shed, but I wasn't really taking him seriously (after the SBC intake question who would??) but I'm glad I gave him your card...

rad.

20. [size=+2]Hah.. got them from the "Warshawsky" company... J.C. Whitney (now)!

Steve[/size]

21. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

Congrats! Nice score.

22. Yea I remember talking to him there also, and when he said he had some old heads in his shed I figured edelbrocks or offy's or something along those lines, but then when he brought these to the shop, well I damn near shit my pants!

23. I just took the T to the Post office here to mail some packages.
    It never fails, by the time I wait in line, tell the lady there is nothing ticking or toxic, pay the bill, and leave, some old duffer is looking at the T...and usually they say "I had a Model A just like this one"
    well, this time the old duffer said "I used to play with those old Fords, and still have some stuff, are the old "Eldebrock" heads worth anything?" and " How about some old Isky stuff?"

Yeah, I'm headed over there tomorrow. If anything pans out (it almost never does) I'll report back. If it is some repo, Chinese, cobbled-up malarkey, I won't waste the bandwidth.

BTW, Congrats, EXCELLENT score !!! It does happen sometimes, you've renewed my faith in "Old Duffer Stories"...

24. Labold

Labold

That's awesome. I usually end up with a few cast iron sbc 2 barrel intakes.

I love the 3x2 flathead intake being for a sbc question.

25. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

you should have posted a warning that there were prono pictures in this post lol great score of vintage speed parts

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I had an old timer admiring my '32 one day when I came out of the auto parts store. After talking a few minutes he mentioned he had some old parts in his shed. An invitation followed and my trip out in the country to see his "parts" was done with little entheusiasm (I never fail to follow up regardless of the prospects). A tour of his old trucks and tractors finally ended at his storage. He produced a set of early Edelbrocks, a 2x2 Offy intake with a pair of 94's, and a couple of rusty camshafts (turned out to be stock), about 5-6 97's and 81's and a box full of flathead distributers. Asking price....................$50......................paid $100 and had to practically force him to take it. Old racers...........priceless.

Frank

27. Mo$4Ford

Mo$4Ford

Great Score! I would put them heads on my car, as soon as I can remove my stock heads. Reminds me, hafta look at neighbors garage. She has had all sorts of stock rusty model T stuff, couple axles, interior trim. Plus had a triple deuce Offy for a 312, good shape, not cut, with 2 good carbs and linkage.

28. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

your Edmund air cleaners would look good with those heads :D

29. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

that's a Great score Jalopy Kid