Register now to get rid of these ads!

Don't see much about 46-48 Chevy's here...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by historynw, Dec 1, 2009.

1. JAWS

JAWS

Here's my daily at speedweek this last year. Going under the knife for real this time this weekend.

[​IMG]

2. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thanks, 4 inchs out of the windsheild posts which equals 3 1/4 vertical at the front. I put the back where I thought it looked good.

3. juanz1947

juanz1947

here my 47 i think around the same time dec 12 09
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. slysball

slysball

I think these Chevys are the most overlooked cars out there. They look a heck of a lot better than the Fords of the same era. But in the Mags you will always see the Fords. The good part is their prices have not exploded like other models.

Attached Files:

5. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

6. pfcc64

pfcc64
    from Chicago

I don't see many around but that's OK! here is mine... I still have a long way to go!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Thats a bad ass vert for sure what running gears in it?
    Body work is getting a lil closer flipped bumpers and moved them close to the body made custom valance panel and welded it to the body with a belly pan under the car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  8. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

48 Aero

Attached Files:

9. chevsofthe40's has parts. try finding parts for a'41 poncho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. mochevy69

mochevy69
    from sc usa

Here's a picture of mine. Still under restriction. (That's under construction with no money to finish.) It's sitting on a 69 El Camino frame.

[​IMG]

11. JAWS

JAWS

^^^^how was that frame to swap?^^^^'

Looks great!

Here's mine currently...

[​IMG]

12. chris dozier

chris dozier

:cool: awesome ride!

13. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

cool thread just got a 48 chevy coupe..anyone have more pics of coupes:D

14. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I ♥ this thread!!

15. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Just checked this thread!
    Grew 9 pages since last time i posted, w/ a bunch of cool bombas.
    heres more for ya!

Attached Files:

16. jc62

jc62

Here is my 47!

Attached Files:

17. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I would have to disagree. That car looks killer with a chop!!

18. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I don't know where you get the idea that parts for the 46-8 Chevys are hard to come by because I come across them all the time on EBay, reproduction parts houses, swap meets etc..........etc.............and for hellfish to say "they are not popular as same year Fords" makes me think what planet are you guys living on?? Just look at the response of people with 46-8 Chevys.

19. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

lets see more 47-48 coupes..:D

20. reborn55

reborn55

Little late but here is ragtop that sold earlier in the year and my wifes 48 Coupe

Attached Files:

21. Super nice cars, love to have either one of them. :D

22. driver n the wind

driver n the wind
    from ashland ky

it is amazing, i just thought i was weird or somthing, i got my 46 from just accross the mississippi. i seen one at a show in columbus ohio (good guys) and i fell in love, a lot like the first time i found my wife (yea that was for her) anyway i have smoothed out all the molding holes, banished all the chrome, i have dropped in a 355/350 turbo. tried just rebuilding the front end, just did not like the floating boat feel as i was driving it, so i am now going with a heights front end with air on it. will see how it goes. this is my 3 car so my wife says i gotta get rid of some of this yard art. LOL, no chance. i have also done a solid windshield with no chrome center, and i have also got most of the interior done. i still got a lot to go and a lot to do, but i sure do like this big boat. thanks for finding somelse that likes the biggins...........................

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      426.4 KB
      Views:
  23. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Hey is that 46 conv. actually a 48 w/46 grill? Did you sell it to a guy in Indiana? The only reason I ask is I thought I saw it or it's clone at a small car show today in New Castle, IN.

24. reborn55

reborn55

Actually it is a 47 with 46 hood and grill and it went to Pennsylvania this past July.

25. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

OK, must not be the same car. I think the one I saw had chrome headlight bezels, but other than that, a dead ringer, and beautiful.

26. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Here is my '42 Fleetline with an Olds 350, soon to be 455. I got it for $400. I have more into it now, of course. I want to actually finish it eventually and hope to keep it forever.

Attached Files:

27. Glad to see a '42 on here besides mine, Grilles are different as no lower side bars on these and hard as heck to find grille parts for! I have gathered up the grill and trim parts since I first posted on here back in December in the last few months. Does anyone know why some '42 cars have plastic lenses and others have glass? Hopefully in the spring the build will begin as I have been gathering parts for it. I kinda get a kick out of the "exclusion" of the '41 and '42s, I guess they are true prewar and limted production number cars but my '47 Chevrolet pickup is the same way as folks often refer to them as '48-54 pickups. I believe the '41s are the same body, firewall back, just a 1 year front end and no "pontoons" on the doors. I will post pictures of mine when I start on the project.

28. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

All of the fat fender cars make cools rods, I have a 48 Olds fastback I am working on and yes parts are hard to find. many parts are shared if you can get your hands on a parts crossing book is really helps in locating parts

29. indyjps

indyjps

Friend of mine has been building one for years, finally got the metal work done and in primer, mustang 2 front suspension, sbc. Ive been trying to get him on the HAMB for a while.