Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Don't put a Chevy in that.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopped, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Working Class Zero

Working Class Zero

Perfect!! Haahaa

2. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

Whatever happened to going fast? That's what got this thing started back in the day, right? If you can accomplish that with a small block, go for it and to hell with those that think you're boring.

I understand traditional, but the last time I checked the SBC came out in the mid-50's. It's funny, most folks drool over injected 283s - 327s in gassers but frown over the same 350 block in a rod.

...and by the way, the day will come when Y-blocks, early Hemis, Nailheads, Rockets, Cads, and flatheads dry-up. Maybe not completely, but they'll get more and more expensive to build. I'm sure a lot of us will be running 350s in new builds thirty years from now.

-Lee
    Atomic Radio
    www.atomicpinup.com

3. repoguy

repoguy

What a bunch of fags.

4. novadude

novadude

I think I just lost several IQ points having read this thread.

5. Abomination

Abomination

Ditto.

I....

I don't even have the words to formulate a response, anymore. This thread is sucking the will to live right out of me. :(

~Jason

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sam, You bastard:rolleyes::D. This is EXACTLY what I've talked Fuelpump into doing with his '39 coupe that he bought from Harrison. The only change I thought would be a good idea is to change the trans to a '39 syncro so he wouldn't have to perfect double clutching:). He has purchased a '67 283 and we're going to install it as is (after possible rebuild depending on results of firing it up on a test stand) even down to the 2 bbl and stock air cleaner. He has been having some problems with the stock flatty and is just tired of chasing the little flathead gremlins and just wants to drive it. I did this with a '34 pickup I had in 1962 after getting out of high school and that sucker was dead reliable for a few years and the guy I sold it to still has it, but it hasn't been run in years.
    Deuce Roadster had a 283 (I believe) hooked to the stock drivetrain in a '40 coupe and I think I remember him saying it was the most reliable hot rod he ever had.
    Bottom line, if your smiling, F**K the naysayers.

Frank

7. alexelchingon

alexelchingon

When i first started building cars, they all had sbc's because I was flat out fuckin broke and that was all I could afford at the time.Now that Im a little bit older and make more money I wouldnt put a sbc in anything cool cause now I can afford to build an olds,nailhead,hemi,flathead etc., etc..
    but thats just me, guess it depends how ur doing moneywise

8. chopped

chopped

Money has nothing to do with it. Sounds like you think only the unwashed use a SBC.

9. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Not so much the unwashed but all red necks run sbc.

10. teddyp

teddyp

after reading this thead i,m now sure that sbc,s rule!!! i may take my y-block out of my ford and put a sbc in it

11. fanspete

fanspete

Hey, I know, let's rag the shit out of everyone with a Model A. Real 'taditional' car guys have '32s. JEEZCRYS!!!

12. hot_rod_17

hot_rod_17

Where do you think the oil in the pan goes when you punch it? To the back. The distributor turns the oil pump. Wouldn't you want the oil pump in the oil? Maybe I'm f'd up here, but I think I do...... :rolleyes:

I feel like I'm reading an argument with 12 year old girls about Hannah Montana. :p

13. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

SBC are for go carts. I like cubic inches. Put a 409 in the Buick and take the hood off.

14. Sorry but I couldn't help it...

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

15. 51NINETYEIGHT

51NINETYEIGHT
    BANNED

LMAO, Man who was the jerk errr I mean genius who came up with that one. Dizzy in the back FTW!!!!

16. roddinron

roddinron

That Chevy would have looked WAY better in that car if you'd have known how to dress it. That blue one must have overheated, it's starting to slump.
    SamIyam, thanks for "picking up the torch", well done buddy.

17. Sometimes I think people forget this is a messageboard for traditional hot rods...

Sam

18. roddinron

roddinron

If you really want to see some stupid shit, go check out the deterioration of the "Cool Pictures" thread! Just sad.:(

19. LOL yer right. It was dressed like that when I got it and the slant can slump all it wants while it is getting 31mpg and running forever. The 350/350 that I pulled out is going to find a new home in my buddies 64 impala SS as a wedding present from me. 350s are good motors and I have built a few but they aren't really my cup o tea. I always liked the 327 a little more but Im a mopar guy so what do I know. :D

20. 51NINETYEIGHT

51NINETYEIGHT
    BANNED

sniff sniff :( lol j/k

21. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.