Register now to get rid of these ads!

Don't kill me=barnfind in Sweden

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Havoc Bender, May 18, 2010.

1. 29AROD

29AROD

I think its pretty cool, but i have a nash so I am a bit off anyways. get some more pics so we can see the front and back.
    salt flats is the perfect place for that thing. go fast and no body will call it ugly again.

2. rustyhood

rustyhood

A Renault amphibious back, 55 T bird roof, 56 Jag front that mated with a nash metropolitan.:confused:

3. ok, so what is it? nuff with the game playing and give us some info, I lose interest quick, especially when they are ugly, barn find or not.

4. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I'd go along with that or perhaps a renault

5. Eight433

Eight433

I would guess it's a Reliant Regal chassis, but would like more pictures!

6. Looks like Leslie Nielsen had Alfa Romeo build him a version of the BAT-9 for "The Naked Gun"...

Saw the roof off and enjoy the rest (does it rain a lot in Sweden?).

7. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

i betcha there's probably more than 1 of those ugly sums a bitches hiding in barns! it's so ugly it's, well, ugly.

8. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

It's a Douchenburg! Or, the result of someones colon cleanse gone bad. Butch/56sedandelivery.

9. edweird

edweird

if you cut that ugly roof off, it will look good.

10. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Dang :eek:! I've flushed turds that looked better...

I'd save the flathead and make a bonfire out of the rest.

Did I say''DANG!!!!!'' yet?

Oh; is it on a truck chassis?

11. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Like Kiwi Packard said, it's ugly but ugly can be cool.

12. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Very ugly but could be cool done right.

13. Eight433

Eight433

I dont think it's THAT ugly. The only part I would change if I could is the shape of the side window. The whole car is stream lines and curvy with a square glass window....

14. sir

sir

the trailer looks better than the car that's on it...

15. Tommy R

Tommy R

The front looks like it came from a Lotus Elan, although with the height increased. Maybe two Elan front ends sectioned to make one? ;) The windshield and doors (if sectioned, too) look like they could be Elan parts, too.

16. If it truly has a 56 Ford front windshield and a Chevy rear window, it must be a lot bigger than it looks. Also note the 5 lug wheels which rules out all the little shitboxes guys are claiming as a starting point (especially Renault since they were famous for 3 lug wheels)
    So come on, cough up some more pictures.

17. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Ya a VERY short period....till someone SAW HIM IN IT.

18. It's definitely not a babe magnet... Like Bo Diddley once said, "It looks like it was whooped with an ugly stick!" :eek:

How about some more pics of this rather unique find or did your camera break after the first pic? :D

Add some Moon discs, scallops and a full-house flatmotor and it would be ready for the Salt.

19. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

The term "barnfind" usually ends up with something old and cool being found in a barn.

In this case, you should have titled the thread " found in a barn".

And then someone should have left it there. There's just nothing nice about that thing. My eyes are starting to hurt from the pain.

20. russ1403

russ1403

well ive been waiting for more pics but none have come up,,does anyone but me think its a three wheeler,,from the only pic of it its looks like the front wheel is in the center of the trailer lined up with the trailer tounge,or mabye im just "trippin". but like most of the rest of you it its butt ugly for sure. MORE PICS PLEASE:)

21. OK here goes:the "car" belongs to a guy in my area he bought it from the builders son,and YES it's bigger then You think,it even got a back seat in that ugly coupe,front window is Ford 55/56 and rear is Chevy 56,sidewindow is a slide-window from an old VW-bus.

The chassie is a 1939 Chrysler and the motor is as said earlier a Ford flathead,it looks a little lost under the hood since there are about 30 inches from the engine to the grill,it also got two 3-speed gearboxes and the second one is turned backwards and work as a overdrive unit.

I don't no what You call the white stuff used to fixate broken bones with in English,but that's what he used to create the bodys shape (lot's of it I suppose????) and then he made a mold in concrete for laying the fiberglass.I will stop by and take some more pic's tomorrow.

I suggested to the owner that he should ditch the roof but he hesitates,it may be ugly but it is a one-off with some history in these parts of Sweden,if anybody could do a Photoshop of it without the roof maybe I could talk him in to it;)

And if all goes well I will take pictures of another one that is in a garage next to where I have my own car-molesting dungeon "The Shack",that one is also a homebuilt car tha was built in 1963 and it started out as a 1956 Buick Special,that one is not by a longshot as ugly as this one,but I don't know if the owner will let me take pic's of it and publish it here,I will give it a go...

Be good:/Hasse

22. Squablow

Squablow

I would like to see some all-around pictures of this car.

23. Hasse, the stuff you refer to is called plaster in English, a very common material to make molds, although usually not quite that large! A concrete mold is commonly used to make fibreglass boats, so there's noting new there.

Hope you can get more photos of both The Shack and the butt-ugly duckling. Lots of us are wanting to see more. Suckers for punishment, or just curiosity?

24. motorhead711

motorhead711

Damn, ain't seen nothing like that. And yes, as mentioned above, it DOES look like a Carnival Ride!! Cool score man!!

25. The Schack is what we call our little shop.and there's a reason for that...
    No insulation,no heater and only thin walls of wood it's built in the 50's and the walls have dryed out during the years so You can se the sun tru the cracks,but it's cheap to rent and only 10 miles from home...

26. This thing is damn cool! I'd like to see more pics of it. I'd even like to see pics of the Buick '56 build you mentioned!

Oh are you far away from Skåne? - I'd really like to see this!

Klaus

27. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

looks like its started life as an austin healey sprite?

[​IMG]

28. 68 mil till H-borg,I'm on my way to a buddy now and will stop by and take more pic's, of that "thing",will put them in this thread tonight,have some stuff to do to the roadster during the day.
    'Out of work=plenty of build-time...

29. That roof is pretty grim looking, but I think it could be saved. Lowered and raked the screen and reshaped the rest of it. Added some vents to break up the sides a little. It may not be the Alfa BAT9, but it starts to look ok.

[​IMG]

I want to see more photos too!

30. freebird101

freebird101

James D, your work is always good to see for any thread.
    also that car is awesome have fun with it