Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Don't Forget to Call Roadside Assistance...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Don't Forget to Call Roadside Assistance...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. goldmountain

goldmountain

That Mack truck has a pocket door that slides down.

dana barlow likes this.
  3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great reminder JB.
    Single people living alone are the most vulnerable.
    Be sure to contact and reach out to them daily. I couldn’t imagine being alone during this isolation.

4. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

We grandparents are left out of the picture, but with great care. We are vulnerable more so than others. Although, those pesky 20 somethings at the beaches aren't winning any favors from everyone else. But, at the time of being 20 somethings, we thought we were not going to get affected from anything, either. These days, we fall in the top tier of vulnerability. So, we have modern technology in place to see and hear those that we care about.

Our granddaughter has a Facetime program that coincides with my wife's Apple devices, so we are using that program to, at least see each other during the "locked in place" days/weeks/months. The standard phone is useful to hear the person when “not ready for prime time” action on that Facetime program. One has to get ready and not accidentally scare the other side of the “live photo” program when an arbitrary Facetime call is put in place. Ha!

Jnaki

My wife has set up a modified family Facetime hour once a week with relatives in the Midwest. But she has a sister, locally, that talks forever. They use the phone and Facetime as sister’s usually do when they are together. So, as fun as it is being together being “locked in place,” it is a different way to say Hello, to others.

The most popular video conferencing program seems to be Zoom in many polls. Get together and have fun. It is almost better than being with the other side of the screen.

1. Zoom. Zoom is one of the most popular video conferencing solutions for businesses. ...

2. Google Hangouts. Google's foray into the video conferencing market is part of its Google Hangouts service. ...

3. Google Meet. ...

4. GoToMeeting. ...

5. Skype for Business. ...

6. Cisco WebEx. ...

7. BlueJeans. ...

8. Slack.

We are isolated, except for groceries and emergencies, but we will get along with the old stand by, the phone. Our son checks in, at least once a week to see if we are alright or we need something from the stores. Thanks for thinking of those that are by themselves or isolated beyond family of any kind.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    impala4speed and Ron Funkhouser like this.

5. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Hell when I was 20 herpes was the big scare!
    LOL

6. I've had roadside assistance for a very long time now. 137.jpg It's called { call a friend!} I never carry a spare tire in my Hot Rods. { no space }. So the last time I had a flat tire. { an old 16'' dirt tracker } I had to walk to the nearest house, and asked to use their phone to call a friend. This was before we had these cool little cell phones. Now it would be a lot easier. So I called the nearest friend to go by my place, and get a spare, and what ever else I needed. They know I would do the same for them, and have. As for this virus thing. Yeah we need to keep check on friends, and love ones who may need assistance. Our little group of friends has group texting. We probably use it too much. Like with all the { she said jokes } lol My dad is 87 and still in good health. He lives in the same house he built the year I was born. I talk to him several times a day. So yeah take care, and do think about others. We'er all in this together, and do need each other. Good thread { Jive Bomber }

jnaki, Louie and alanp561 like this.
  7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Check on your neighbors, too. My next door neighbors are 92 yrs old. I check in often.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  8. PhredH

PhredH

Looking forward to a time when we can say, "Do you remember Social Distancing?"
    Peace, Phred

9. sololobo

sololobo

The intro picture of the awesome race car on the truck is so special. I have a fabulous roadside with my Hagerty Vintage Insurance, just one of the perks of using this company to assist my hot rod life. My wife and I are working on taking care of my mother-in-law's estate and we are having to deal with the public right now more than we would like, but you just have to take care of some issues. Please be safe and follow washing hands and common sense behavior. Mucho Amore to all

10. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

I have been busy in the garage since work is kaput for now. I do however check in with my hot rod friends almost daily. We`re all home waiting this thing out.