Register now to get rid of these ads!

donations for a build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skratch, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

No thanks boss, you can save it for your wife/gf what did you say his name was?

2. :eek:

:D I pissed my pants laughing when I read The Fidgiter's last post.. God damn dude..

3. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

AMEN!!!!

4. Chad s

Chad s

As I have previousely stated, I personaly dont agree with Skratches method of getting parts, and Im over it, but Colonel, did you notice that his registration date is in 2001? He's not a FNG. Even more, he is a well regarded artist in the Kustom Kulture scene, heading right up there with coop, weesner, vince ray etc, and probably has the potential to be up there with Robert Williams, Roth, Dutch one day. He has had plent of media coverage. You have even told him in this threat that his problem is he doesnt "have any buddies on the HAMB". We are the FNG's in comparrison to him, got that? I Guaren-fucken-tee you that he has more friends in the whole scene than you and I put together by a lot. Thats part of why his request seems kind of odd too me.

5. Alright, hey if people are vouching for him, especially older members.. alright.

It's just been a misunderstanding. I took him for some 17 year old snot nose lookin for a free ride.

Now let me pull my tongue out of all your asses long enough to say: My apologies.:D

And Skratch, I'm sorry. You came off like someone lookin for a free ride man, but excuses aside, if I can help, by all means let me know. You don't live too far away either.

6. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

To all the FNG's for real or by post count. STFU!

We are all not linguist that can convey exactly what we want through our keyboards.

Skratch is a good dude, and if you've been around or read enough you'd know he's done a lot and gone a long way with little or nothing.

For Skratch, seen your work, seen ya on tv. Don't sweat it. If I understand, you are wanting to do an Overhaulin' or sorts with HAMBERs as your Sponsors, correct? Not big name co's pressing for airtime.

What exactly are you looking for in a gas tank? Gallons? I could toss in a bomber tank, but they are only 9 gallons. And it'll need a fill bung welded in as well as a way to suck the fuel out. I can even lend time depending on the weeks. I'm in Houston.

Now I want a Cherry Pie update!!!! If you look up any old thread on it you'll see I want updates. Last we saw it was still in super mock up in a frame stage.

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Wow,,,,

You new kids have alot to learn.

It all about carma,,each part the people give to this truck is continuing the
    life of a part thats laying around rusting away., I have some stuff in the garage that I can't wait to get rid of,,so If I can help a fellow hot rodder build his truck
    then I will...Whey are people so sellfish with there un-used parts?
    he's not asking for a 32 ford just shit you have that your not using..

Skratch... good idea.

I have Model A sterring colom and wheel, 2 Chrome Reverse with radials :D
    9in Center 3.50 gears (No Posi)..Come and get it bitch.

I'll call you tomorrow..

8. 53chevy

53chevy

Hey Scratch,

Is Cherry Pie still in the works? What's the period you doing this truck in? Early 50's, mid fifties, 60's......I have a 40's Olds radio I can put together? what else do you need, the black fabric wire looms would help. Good luck, hope I can help in some way or another.

Ken

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This one is pretty close to being gone fellas...

10. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Scratch I will be at the HAMB drags and the next weekend I will be in Dallas if you need anything hauled down from the HAMB drags I would be happy to help. I will be in my truck hauling another truck so I have room for big parts.
    PM me if I can help
    Pooch

11. Well I wasn't the first to show up with a torch but I admit to holding one and ranting. I already apologized, don't let the bullshit get the thread closed because then he won't get the help he wanted.

12. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

Hey Skippy,
    I remember that! And heck, I only got a couple hundred posts on this here new board.:D Maybe I can get a couple of the tires you're looking for skratch, you need whites or blackwalls and what size?

13. Keith English

Keith English

This is pretty damn good read'n. But I guess since the Ingus said that he was sorry I will keep my .02 in my pocket.

14. Funny how when someone is broken down somewhere, everyone jumps to the HAMBers aid with parts, wrenches, etc., but somehow this is different?

I give my friends parts all the time...I've met many HAMBers I consider friends and would give them the shirt off my back.

I can't believe that people have continued to talk trash after some of the mods and other well known and respected members have stepped up to back you.

Anyways, I'm on the lookout for parts. The big ones are tough 'cause I'm on the West Coast, but there are relays for that stuff.

Bryan

15. I think it was his wording that did it for people like me. I saw "donation" added with 'I'm keeping the car, no charity here' not counting later when he said only for a year.

If he would have instead said "hey can I get some Help getting some parts for my new project? I can't afford much so any favors would be appreciated." I betcha that would have set no one off at all.

As mentioned before, just a misunderstanding. I saw him as some lazy ass with his hand out and I was wrong.

Just all in the wording.

16. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

HEY COLONEL.....

you're ok in my book...

17. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Could you up date the parts list I have a pile of parts or pm me what else you need.....

18. I agree that you put it the wrong way without thinkin wat you said. But honestly you cant tell how a person is or so wat by being online. So if i said anything bad which i dont think i did then i am sorry.. Just got your words mixed up as well. Again good luck on the build bro

19. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I don't think skratch is Jesse James. I'm pretty sure that skratch is skratch.............the pinstriper.

I'm also pretty sure that JESSEJAMES is Jesse James. This whole 'using your real name' thing must be confusing some of you.

20. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FREE jag front suspension is posted on the shopper. LOOK. Look at Craigs list for bargains on car parts.

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

That also usually means that they were on the previous versions.... When the members were moved over the start dates were whenever Ryan added them in..... No biggie...

Now lets get Skratch some parts...

22. guiseart

guiseart

All I gots is a early 50's Caddy HydraMatic and an old Borg/Warner manual tranny... no top loaders... PM if they will work.

Good luck.

23. Skratch I'm not busting your balls either but it should be damned cheap if you don't pay for the parts.

I'll dig through my stuff and see if I can annie up some bits for ya but in my opinion if the HAMB is building this beast it should belong to the HAMB when its done. IE Auction it and the procedes go to the board, or raffle it at the drags.

Now that's just opinion mind you.

OK PM me if you need it I got an early '60s windsor wheel. Its a little flat on the bottom (not round?), might need a crack or two repaired but its more than doable. It was given to me a couple of years ago I was going to use it in another project but I don't need to.

Anyway its yours if you want it. No strings just use it, and I don't think I need to be added into any magazine articles. No one wants to know about me and I'd just as soon if they didn't.

Ya know I wanna add something here before this thing gets dumped for drama. Scratch was here when I came on, I don't know much about his personal life but he's tried and tru when it comes to being a HAMBer. I don't know that I would ask what he's asking but I'm not him. Give the guy a brake, its not like he just signed up and thought he'd make a bundle off the HAMB, like some of you guys.

24. Scratch,,,,Ive got a pair of new (made in china) chrome headlight "eyebrows" you can have.
    They fit standard,round sealed beam bulbs.
    Tired of seeing them in what appears to be every parts box I look in.
    Lemme know.

25. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I'll donate some pinstriping.

hahaha

Seriously, if you get in a bind and need a part (or just need a hand with something) when you get over here and get started on it, give me a call.

-Brian Bass

26. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

skratch, i'm heading to billetproof, if i have anything you need i can bring it with me. i can even relay some smaller parts from fresno, to antioch. pm me with an updated list of what you need, if i have it, or can come up with it its yours. see ya there, and good luck -josh

27. I'm sorry for busting your balls, too, AND for being a FNG:D

Like I said earlier, twice now, I would be willing to help with any wrenching that needs to be done, most of my spare parts are going to my projects. I do have a LF fender for a 79 Caprice laying around, but that probably doesn't help.

28. RacerRick

RacerRick

I am already doing that and almost done. 5 mag's have expressed interest in the car already. I have very little $$$ in the car, and will be getting it on the road hopefully by the end of this week. Has good stance, but it still rusty as hell (Patina I will say...) and looks pretty good.

I have no doubt you will get some mag coverage as you have the skills to make it a lot better looking than I can make mine on a budget.

I have a bunch of parts I am probally going to end up throwing out - but shipping would kill you.

29. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

too bad you cant build trucks out of drama..with this thread, you could build one that would make boyd cum!!!:eek: :rolleyes:
    i think it did come off a bit funny when you started it but youve redeemed that since..
    so in closing...skratch, i have nuttin to offer:eek: wished i did...love to be in on it...
    welp, the best of luck on your build\
    and next, you guys can help me adjusts the hydros on my ztr mower:p

30. Alright well then here, I'll add to it. A fire just got lit under my ass because I said "okay everyone else is asking for shit, and I really need somethin so I'll give it a go."

I posted a new thread asking if anyone will trade their T5 for my (more expensive) 4L80E straight across. I worded it as a favor that I was asking. Needing help ya know? And it's true I need to get that stock tranny outta my 53, it's costing me a lot of power and a lot of gas mileage.

My thread: DELETED

Posted in the wrong place I'm sure. Yet this shit is perfectly okay.

I'm not standing here with my dick in my hand saying "gimmie gimmie all ya got for free." No, I just figured a lotta people have T5's or know somewhere they can get one cheap, maybe someone near by and maybe they wanted my big ass automatic.

There's my rant.. I'm pissed, I'm probably going to say fuck it for awhile and go back to lurking if anything at all.

Maybe I should have called it a "donation" instead of a trade and said "I just want a free T5 and you get shit for it"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.