Register now to get rid of these ads!

donations for a build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skratch, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4T4DR

4T4DR

WELL, GOOD LUCK I'LL BE AT WORK MAKING SOME MONEY FOR MY PROJECT, As for respect never said I did'nt respect skratch, Build it, don't keep it, Raffle it,charity,it. make everyone happy

Bye 4t4dr

2. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

Time to shut’r down, Clancy; she’s a suckn mud!!

3. Chad s

Chad s

You dont get it! His plan was ironed out, he said it himself. Now after the embarrasment, he has mentioned "rafffling it off in a year". He wants free parts for his car, free! Doesnt want to have to find and pay for them himself.

This isnt a guy who needs that last part to make his engine run and he's broke, he wants a build list of parts given to him. The excuse that people help each other out on the HAMB all the time is BS! This is not the same. Especialy with the contacts Skratch should have, his need for free parts should be much smaller than the guy(s) who needs a part here and there to keep his car going.

I dont care who he is, how good his art is, how long he's been here, or how many posts he has, I dont feel as though Im the one being disrespectful here! His request goes beyond the boundaries of whats socialy right and wrong.

4. 4T4DR

4T4DR

Thought I was done but Mr yorgatron, I got you idiot FNG's hangin right here. and I don't need to pray I don't meet you .

5. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Yeah that's what I was thinking, give it a year or something so you can take it around to shows/mags/events and promote the HAMB and the people that were a part of building the truck(as well as your building/striping skills, after all, you're organizing/doing the majority of the work and supplying the truck), then at a certain event, say Billetproof maybe or the HAMB drags, raffle or auction it.

Skratch has a good reputation that didn't come overnight, and I've always heard his dealings with others have been more than fair.

6. I spit all over myself on that one

LOL

:D

7. 4T4DR

4T4DR

This has ended some of us will help but most of us won't
    I've said my part and I'm done.

8. skratch

skratch

if you don't care.why are you still saying something?it's your opion on the matter.don't help me.thanks anyways.i have plenty of freinds in tx,that will get down to help and donate parts.i just thought it would be cool.to say a bunch guys from all over the nation help put the truck together.and not take credit for the whole build.

9. skratch

skratch

ooh the hamb drags...that would be fun..it could be a runner....

10. Good luck on the build.

11. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Maybe when they're done donating to build your truck, they can do me next. How are you proving you can build a truck on a budget if you get all the parts donated? That doesn't really count. And it doesn't seem very fair that your just going to keep the truck for yourself when its done. I can't believe you don't understand why your rubbing everyone the wrong way. Just because they're someone's SPARE parts (as you keep saying in bold) doesn't mean they didn't pay good green money for them. Some guy down the road has a '34 Ford sitting in his back yard he's not using. Should he give it to me because I'm a nice guy?

12. TxRat

TxRat

Skratch, Im down for donating the hoses. If you'll shoot me the lengths you'll need and a mailing address. If you want to pay me back cut me a break on some stripe work on my 32 at the round up next year. Fair enough???

13. 40Vert

40Vert

This post was worth reading just for that quote.

14. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Skratch, What are you planning on using for a column?

15. skratch

skratch

no,tilt.but pretty much anything.

16. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I'm scrapping a 59 Plymouth 2 door with a straight column, key was in the dash, the steering box bolts right to the square frame so it looks pretty easy to adapt.

Never heard of anyone using one but never heard of anyone scrapping a few of tehse things either.

17. skratch

skratch

sounds good to me..

18. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

I know who he is....Most people do. Doesn't mean I should, or anyone should, give their stuff so that he can build his ride. So does that mean that someone noteable should receive preferential treatment because they are famous? PLEASE. If he is so famous he should be able to afford to get a HAMB Alliance and receive discounts on most parts he needs. Then he can prove that you can build a car/truck at a discount price using his HAMB discount for the Magazines.

PS - you can insert air quotes where you see fit.

19. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

wish a had something to donate. i would gladly give it up. i sat and watched scratch stripe here in paso one time, hes talented and totally respectful. i would even let him crash on my couch anytime hes in paso, as for the dicks on here, just watch what you say or the disrespect you show towards others, it does come back to you, who knows the next time your here and need something to get back home, hold out a sign and see who donates a part. were all here to help eachother.

20. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

hey do you still need a gas tank? ive got one out of a 54 chevy truck if it would work for you. ive got no use for it. just let me know.

21. 53burb

53burb

I see where Scratch is coming from. If you do not care to donate to his thread on the truck build, then don't. Plain and simple. I did a similar thing like a year ago on here and asked if anyone had an engine or trans just laying around that they wanted to get rid of and a fellow HAMB'r gave me a trans that he did not want. I picked it up It looks like Skratch will pay the shipping if you guys have anything to give to his build. I think that a year after it is built that a raffle would be good and the proceeds go to the HAMB in some way or another for all that they have given us all on here. That sounds good to me. Skratch gets to enjoy the truck for some bit, then raffles it off , then the money goes to the HAMB. Then all that donated will see that and it goes to the HAMB family!!!!!!!!!! Sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!! KNUX!

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Thes FNG's are a bunch of nancies, goobers, idiots, fuckwads, whatever you wnat to call them.. Especially the retard who has 90% of his posts talking shit in this one thread.... what an asshat.... damn I miss the old HAMB a lot with threads like this. If I had every part on that list I'd give 'em to Skratch... The nancies needt o go ahead and over to OSR where they can do their bullshit posturing.....

Anyone that knows Skratch knows this is the real deal....

Damn I just can't get over the fucking nancies... WTF...

23. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

what a great read this is.
    Skratch, i have seen your pinstripe work, its great. So that is a skill you have and can offer it to others.
    Why dont you offer pinstripe work in exchange for parts? That cuts out the taxman, and everyone is happy. You seem to have a good reputation, so i can imagine that guy X would be stoked if he gave you a part he had lying around and got to brag to his mates 'yeh skratch pulled those lines for me in exchange for some old junk i had!' If they are far away,they could send a glovebox lid or something to stripe.
    you see, when two people have an exchange, they both need to feel some value has been attained, or the exchange is negative ,and bad feelings result, which is why people on here have got upset.Its just basic human nature.
    Also you cant expect past generosity (i.e. the hamb chop)to be valued by a collective,its too abstract for people to attach a 'good transaction 'feeling to. just balance out the transaction and it'll go well and you will probably build a great rod!
    I dont have any of the stuff you are looking for, and i live half a world away, but if I sent you a glovebox lid to stripe,would you do it in exchange for the above advice? if so, PM me.
    cheers, ben

24. Skratch,
    Fuck all these newbies and naysayers, I don't have much in the way of parts to donate, BUT I'll HAPPILY either send you some $$$ or buy a part and ship it to you, your choice. It's kinda funny, you, me, ryan, killer and a small handful of others actually know what this place used to be like, what it started as and how great it was, too bad all these johnny come lately fucks have ruined it.

Skip

PS- I've been on the HAMB since before there was a HAMB, anyoe else recall the HRD/Kustoms By TSR/Jalopy Journal message board circa 98/99? Post count means shit. GFY

25. scarylarry

scarylarry

This is a fucking joke right??

26. skratch

skratch

word!i'll take one of your beer cans and wrap the coil with it..that's what i'm talking about....

27. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

And just FYI that Jag front suspenion is the same all the way up to early '85... in case anyone has an early 80's one sitting around....

28. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I heart SKRATCH........

Dude my phone is broke....... I saw you called, but can't call you back...

SKRATCH has true talent and vision. He really does.

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

If you are chopping it I have doors and a roof you can have.

30. Anderson

Anderson

My opinion aside...

Jag stuff has a 4.75" bolt pattern doesn't it? And are you using the stock Ford rear? Something to consider when thinking about wheels.

Also, why a '39 trans behind a small block Olds? And where in the hell did you find an adapter to make that work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.