Register now to get rid of these ads!

donations for a build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skratch, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skratch

skratch

you're rite i'm a poser.i knew ryan before the jalopy journal.thanks though.

2. 4T4DR

4T4DR

You're not it seems you are asking everyone for help if you posted it here, donations...

3. 4T4DR

4T4DR

Ryans not asking for free parts.

4. skratch

skratch

come on,you don't have a pile of parts your not useing?i know i do.and i'll be using them.i gave a back glass (w/the sheet metal around it). for the hamb chop.

6. skratch

skratch

i not ask for parts from you!

i did you one of the first donation to the hamb.and asked nothing from it.

7. k-member

k-member

Are you looking for stock F-1 gauges? I do have an old metalflake blue steering wheel, it's not perfect, but if you like blue I can send ya a pic.

8. I do have a pile of parts, and I'm gonna use everyone of them. That was the point of collecting them.

9. 4T4DR

4T4DR

As a matter of fact I do have plenty of parts, But when you ask for so many parts it seems you don't have a pile of parts. or maybe it's just that a pile.

10. 4T4DR

4T4DR

You helped with the first chop huh when 5 years ago.

11. skratch

skratch

12. Well said 4T4dr.. I think that it would have been a good idea up until you said its for yourself and not for charity. So wat if you helped others with your own skillz skratch. Isnt that supposed to be from your heart and not to expect anything else from others. I get parts from ppl without cost but i do the same for them. But other than that I pay for wat i want. Even if it takes me awhile to come up with the money.

13. skratch

skratch

don't help.thanks anyways.

14. 4T4DR

4T4DR

thanks sixty4chevy

15. 4T4DR

4T4DR

No you are not trying to prove a point you're trying to get a truck for damn near nothing.

Thorkle Rod likes this.
  17. 4T4DR

4T4DR

If this is to prove a point then give it to charity for some kids that don't get these opportunities, to enjoy cars and friends helping out on them.

18. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

So what is the ETA of this thing blowing up and being locked?

While we are on the subject of free parts, If anyone has any 389 Super Duty or 421 HO parts to donate I will split the shipping with you....HAHA

You are asking for handouts? Please. Work 7-12's a week for a while and save some cash to buy what you want. I have recieved stuff and given stuff before. I also know that I can count on friends/HAMBERS being there and they can also count on me doing the same. You are building something for yourself. Stop Mooching. Larry

19. Chad s

Chad s

Im sorry man, but a HAMB chop is a social event as well as a way of helping a guy out, but it helps the whole group. Everyone involved is going to learn something. How is sending you free parts going to benefit anyone but you? Come pinstripe my car for free, and I'll give you some parts in trade.

I dont know you personaly, but I do know who you are, and have seen your artwork, and your striping is very nice. But to get cocky when a bunch of guys laugh at you when you ask for a whole list of parts for free (and of course state that you dont want any junk parts), so you can build yourself a car is obsurd.

You didnt even offer to pay the shipping costs!

20. skratch

skratch

Thorkle Rod likes this.
  21. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Skratch does some beautiful striping, and I've heard of his generosity with parts and whatnot from others on the HAMB.

I think people would really get behind the project if the vehicle were going to be auctioned for charity or to support the HAMB or another good cause.

22. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

Hey, this is getting good. I’m gonna have to get a couple of beers and stay tuned for a while.

23. skratch

skratch

shipping coast.yeah,i would pay it.hey,if your in own when we're doing the build pick up a wrench.i didn't say don't help me.i know that everyone has skills.that's the easy part.i'm looking for parts.like any other build thats the hard part.but,if someone is not useing the parts.....why can't i use it?

24. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Good Luck getting your so called build in national and world wide publications..Hope you have a good angle. If you decide to DONATE your so called build to a worth while charity might have better luck

25. 4T4DR

4T4DR

can i have a case of your beer pleease

26. 4T4DR

4T4DR

oh and some popcorn and a steak and fries and um how bout some pie, I like pie

27. I said earlier that I don't have any spare parts, but I WOULD be more than willing to work on it with you, if you're close. I love to help wrench and grind on old tin.

28. skratch

skratch

thank you!!see,that's what i'm talking about.postive feed back.

29. 4T4DR

4T4DR

Then you should of asked for advise or help alot of us would lend a hand if we a close to the person posting thats what being a car guy is about

30. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.