Register now to get rid of these ads!

donations for a build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skratch, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skratch

skratch

i'm building a 51 ford truck project.in the spand of two weeks in ft.worth tx in oct.looking for sponsers or donations.this build will be in national and world wide publications.full credit will go to the donating party or parties.not looking for cash.just parts.but,i'll take what i can get .right?

please no smart ass remarks.believe me i have enough of my own.if you don't want to help.DON'T!

i'm in need of....this doesn't mean you have to help.
    late 70's jag front suspion.
    muilty carb set up for 350 olds
    carbs
    headers
    raditor
    hoses
    all the brake parts
    tires
    wheels
    cool steering wheel
    seat, bench of course
    gas pedal
    gas tank
    39 ford top loader
    glass
    rubber for the glass
    gauges
    welding supplies would be good....
    cutting supplies

no junk parts.i'm looking for parts that are no use to you.and would help with the build.(it's just like throwing the part away.but now it's being put to use.)i'm trying to do this to prove a point...

thanks for the support.
    _______

2. skratch

skratch

3. lolife

lolife

You going to raffle it off to charity when it's done?

4. Anderson

Anderson

FYI the only multicarb setup you'll find for a small block olds is gonna be Dual Quad. Offy makes em new. Might be cool to use a couple of those single 4bbl to dual 2bbl adapters.....makes it 4x2.

5. skratch

skratch

yea,i checked them out already.i'm looking for someone that has one.

6. Patio King

Patio King
    from FTW,TX

i don't have any parts to donate, but i do have hands and tools, i'd be willing to donate my time and my tools if your interested. i live in FTW and you can get ahold of me either thru the Wreck Room, or thru Mark.

7. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

What point are you trying to prove?

8. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

i guess i'm 1st,but it's gotta be cheap,cuz i'm broke :rolleyes:
    your choice,i will donate either the gas pedal or the hoses,but not both.

9. Whiplash

Whiplash

Skratch, please tell us what are the names of the national and worldwide publications that have committed?
    and what is the point that you need to prove?
    not busting your balls here but we need more info, your request is quite vague and I don't think anyone will take you seriously without the details.
    Thanks!

10. skratch

skratch

mag info...american,japanese and german.trust me...

my point...a desent,good lokking, porpostional,safe,good handling,fast,and cheap, hot rod can be built.not a ratrod!!

this is what hotroddings all about.it seems like alot of people have lost the idea behind.sure,it's about fun too.but,i hate looking at these cars that look like 80's rejects painted flat black with red rims and radial white walls.

11. skratch

skratch

sure.i'll take that pedal.pm me and i'll give you shiping info..

12. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

what kind of pedal do you want? :confused:

13. singledownloop

singledownloop

Who ends up with the truck you build from donated parts?Depding on the cause i think a lot of us might donate something.

14. skratch

skratch

since it is my truck.i thought i would it up with it.i figure it's no diffrent from all your buddies helping you out to get your car running,right?i would love to keep it in texas.and have it as a driver when i'm back home.go to the round up and that sort.i drive the shit out my cars,so this one would be the same.i put 30thousand mile on my 67toranado since last nov.maybe i'll raffle it off over a year.shit,i think it's a great idea.everyone can say they helped build that truck....

15. 47bob

47bob

So you want all these people to donate parts so you can build yourself a rod....what a great idea.

16. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

you want something like this spoon,or can i make a custom pedal from scratch?

Attached Files:

17. skratch

skratch

that's fine.....

who's next?

18. I was thinking of this exact same idea. Now if I could just get someone to donate a 32 roadster body and chassis, and engine, and transmission, and suspension, and electrics, and......

You all can say you built mine too! I'll even paint your names on it!:D

19. 4T4DR

4T4DR

I am fairly new here I am probably One of the youngest guys on the hamb, and I am building my own truck on my own budget not everyone else' I think you are crazy. SAVE YOUR MONEY LIKE WE ALL DO AND BUILD THE DAMN THING YOURSELF.

Muttley likes this.
  20. skratch

skratch

i guess when your buddies come over and help they charge you?
    both of y'all can out to the garage and work.and get of the computer then..i've been on the hamb fo 5 years helping people and giving advice.for free!!i helped with the first hamb chop,using my skill and time and gas.for a guy that just wanted his car chopped.so,i don't think i'm being an ass.if don't want to help. DON'T!

21. See if you can get a government grant and you can call it the welfare truck.
    Maybe put the title in an illegal alien's name, they get a lot of free stuff.
    Have you applied to FEMA?

22. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

How about you just get hold of the Major mag dummys that your sure that will do features of your car? truck? and tell em to call me. Shit I built my own car with my own money its done looks good and needs to be in a few mags. If you can get free shit and get mag coverage then i guess im stupid . I never made the connection
    Dave
    ps: I think your looking for sumpin for nothing...It dont work that way... get a job

23. skratch

skratch

thanks for the smart ass remark..you're really smart.if you don't want to help.DON't!

24. 4T4DR

4T4DR

No smart ass my buddies don't charge me we help each other without asking people we don't know from across the country to give us hundreds of dollars in parts. You said build a hot rod cheap not for free with everyone' else's help and donations time and labor is also different than parts that have a price. I am just saying suck it up and save you don't build a hot rod in two weeks, alot of guys spend years building their rod.

25. skratch

skratch

wow,i can not believes this.you guys will bend over backwards to help somebody chop a car.run to the house and get parts for your freinds.i thought you guys were car guys..that's cool.makes me wonder what i'm doing.i help people out all the time.just to be helping.very cool,just because i want to build a truck for myself.now i'm an ass.weird.i could get major sponser and such.but,i thought it could have that down home feel about it.i was wrong......

you guys with the negative feed back can keep it to your selves!!

and don't help.

Muttley likes this.
  26. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

216 posts in 5 years. LOL!!!

I'll donate sum speeling lezons.

27. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

redeem yourself, show us your past projects, magazine coverage, etc, .

28. skratch

skratch

i'm not asking you to help.

29. 4T4DR

4T4DR

How long you have been on the hamb has no importance. its the fact that an idiot wants everthing handed to him. for FREE.

30. Labor is one thing, free parts is another animal entirely. If you're in my neighborhood, I'd be glad to throw a few hours labor at it, but not my parts that I've worked hard to get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.