Register now to get rid of these ads!

Donation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Franken4, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Franken4

Franken4
    from Texas

Growing up I was never an exception to the bad things that tend to stroll our way. My best friend was no acception. His wife and him brought into this world thier first baby girl, Abby. But due to a disease at birth, she passed away five days later. Even though stricken with depression, they had found it in thier hearts to donate thier own babies heart valves and lines to other new-borns in need of help. The cost of one life to save two others. Now, I grew up with Matt and we had always talked about building a roadster of some sort..it was more of a life-long wish. I had bought my first junker from my dad, and there it sat under the tree. Now, I wouldn't be the first to give up any of my cars because they all hold a special place in my heart. But after seeing what they had gone through, I knew I had to give something back. And here it is, not much..but it should at least keep him occupied and give him hope that yes, good things come out of the worst situations. I also added in a few pictures I've been tinkering around on with some good quotes, some pictures taken off previous threads. Enjoy..and as the ol' saying goes..it IS better to give..than to receive.

Attached Files:

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Here is a tree older than the forest itself;
    the years of its life defy reckoning.
    Its roots have seen the upheavals of hill
    and valley,
    its leaves have known the changes of wind and frost.
    The world laughs at its shoddy exterior
    and cares nothing for the fine grain of the
    wood inside.
    Stripped free of flesh and hide,
    all that remains is the core of truth.

Han-shan wrote that more than a thousand years ago, but he knew what it feels like to encounter the hulk of an old Ford...

3. Franken4

Franken4
    from Texas

Thats awesome, I'll have to use it. Thanks, that one really strikes with me.